𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔

3rd POV

  Eren and Y/n opened their eyes after a restless sleep. Y/n shivered at the cold that surrounded her, Eren glanced at the cuffs that restrained his movements.

-

Inside the Interior of Wall Sina, citizens spoke among themselves. "Hey, is there really a titan that has sided with humanity?" A man asked, reading the newspaper the press had just sent out today. Another man scoffed. "Obviously, it's just a rumor. It's possible the mission to retake our land will fail, and we'll end up with tons of refugees from Wall Rose."

Many noblemen and women, rich to the point they were dirty, read the newspaper. In disbelief of what they were reading. One man, with a top hat, spoke, replying to the man from before. "If that happens, we'll immediately have a food shortage."

"Maybe that titan is going to join the Rose inhabitants and invade us." A man said in worry, a woman next to him pointed at a text. "It says there were two titans, those two could invade us anytime!" She cried.

-

"It's amazing! Two titans on our side have appeared!" Inside the Wall Rose Interior, its citizens had a different opinion on the topic. "Maybe we can even take back Wall Maria!" Another man yelled out.

Multiple people gathered around a news article posted up on a wall. It read the same information from Wall Sina.

"You could even say they're our savior!" One cried, clinching on a handkerchief as tears ran down his cheeks.

-

"Savior huh? Whatever the era, people are so irresponsible." An officer from the Military Police muttered. He tapped his foot on the pavement, getting tired of waiting. He along with other officers stood in front of a large building, there was a large archway, on its pillars stood two women. They both had wings, one held a sword and the other held a beam balance, the two raising their empty hands to the sky. It was lady justice split into two.

"They'll probably be a pawn in a revolt against the Center." An officer spoke. The officer from before shook his head. He had a long face, thin black hair in an undercut, and thin facial hair on his chin and philtrum.

"Before that happens, we of the Military Police must eliminate Eren and Y/n Jaeger," He started. Nearby a red and golden-colored carriage was pulled by two horses. "We can't let those Scout Regiment weirdos have them." He finished.

In the corner of his eye, he saw the carriage get closer. "Attention!" He yelled, the other officers heard and quickly stood in two lines. They all faced the carriage as an officer went to open the door when it came to a halt.

Out came a man, when he stood still the officer yelled out, "Salute our commander!" Placing their right hand to their heart they saluted. The man nods his head. He was older, his hair all gray. He wore circular eyeglasses, a large coat with the colors red, green, and yellow on the shoulders. Underneath were a brown suit and white button-up, a red bolo tie, and a red sash with golden trim.

He pulled on his shirt to loosen it from his neck. "It's hot..." He states.

-

At the top of the wall, Commander Erwin Smith walked behind Commander Dot Pixis. The two were alone as Erwin spoke.

"Commander Pixis, don't you suppose that some might not approve of the Garrison Commander meeting privately with the Commander of the Scout Regiment?"

"Ah, you're as stiff-necked as they say. Don't worry. I simply happened to run into you during my morning walk." Pixis made an excuse on the spot. Erwin lowered his eyes down at the ground. "And we are merely engaging in small talk as I enjoy my walk. Are you aware the Military Police now want the Jaegers, too?" Pixis asked.