𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟖

Reader's POV

  While cleaning one of the cannons that stood on top of the 'mighty' Wall Rose in Trost District, I came to a stop when hearing something leave Connie's mouth. Quickly getting up from the ground where I almost hit my head against the cannon.

"I'm sorry. Did you say you're joining the Scout Regiment?" Asking him I placed down the cleaning supply I used to clean, along with wiping off any sweat I had on my forehead.

"Yea I am. What about it?"

Connie said quickly before going back to sanding down the wood of a cannon. It was obvious to tell that he didn't want to talk about this since he didn't want to second guess himself. Eren all of a sudden appeared beside me, scaring me a bit from not noticing him there.

"What?! What the hell do you mean you're joining the Scout Regiment?! I thought you were heading to the Military Police! After all, that IS the REASON why you JOINED the Training Corps!" Eren yelled off to Connie, he was in shock that quite a few people were changing their minds and now wanting to join the Scout Regiment. So was I, since this mostly happened after Eren's speech at the event hall.

"Don't worry about it! A guy's allowed to change his mind, okay?" Connie said without even looking at us. That's when Mina walked up to our conversation. "I believe your speech yesterday lit a fire under him." Mina laughed while having her hands behind her back. I looked back at her and smiled, Mina was a close friend of mine that I made over the years.

Looking back at Connie I saw as he turned to face us when he heard Mina. "Ain't nobody talking to you!" He shouted in embarrassment, "His temper tantrum had nothing to do with it." I managed to hear from under his breath. Causing me to laugh a little.

"You're not on your own."

Now a different voice joined in as Thomas confessed he too wanted to join the Scouts. Thomas blushed softly with having his finger lightly scratching his cheek. I couldn't believe this,

"Eh?! You guys can't be serious, Eren, my brother couldn't have convinced all of you guys!" Yelling at them I placed a hand on Eren's shoulder. Shaking it a bit from not being able to believe that Eren. My hotheaded brother managed to change so many minds with his 'temper tantrum'! My brother wasn't-

"If joining the Scouts isn't your true goal for when you grow up then just don't do it.
Don't just do it because your influential brother decides to join."

That's right...Father called Eren influential back then. Thinking about an event from five years ago I sighed, maybe Eren was able to convince them with his strong beliefs. Before anyone else could've talked Sasha came walking towards us with her hand in her jacket. Holding something underneath it.

"Can you guys keep a secret?" She started before lifting her jacket to reveal what she was hiding in there. "Cause I just helped myself to the officers' pantry."

There...hiding underneath her jacket was a large sliver of meat. I gasped when I saw it just as everyone else did when seeing it. Immediately I heard Eren warn her, "Sasha! They can throw your butt in the clink for that!"

"What is wrong with you?"

"What isn't wrong with her?"

"It's fine. I'm willing to share." Sasha reassured us, I could see her beginning to drool from the thought of eating it as she began to list off what else we could eat alongside the meat. Just hearing her say all the food combinations I felt my stomach growl.

"Y/n! No! Don't think of it! You know how rare meat's been since the titans took Wall Maria!" Mina scolded me, she must've heard my stomach. Blushing I looked away but slowly began to walk towards Sasha and the meat. I couldn't help myself, meat was something we soldiers barely got. Just a thinnest of slivers. Nothing compared to what Sasha now had in her possession.