𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟎

3rd POV

Wall Maria contained one-third of humanity's remaining territory. Five years ago, when humanity lost this territory, from within the remaining two walls, they realized: "That we...are not meant to continue living." After all, humanity cannot defeat the titans.

However, one young man gripped that small blade held in his heart, and thrust it into a titan, pounding its massive head into the ground. When humanity saw this, what did they think?

Some were proud.

Some held hope.

Some cried out in anger.

Some wished to live.

Then, if Wall Maria was retaken, what would humanity cry out? Would they finally start believing that humanity deserves to live? That our own fate is something we can decide? Will it be enough for them to believe?

If only Wall Maria was retaken...

-

In the dark of night, the Scouts walked on foot through a forest. They all wore their hoods over their head and held a lamp to light their path. It was quiet until a soldier tripped and dropped their lamp. Their horse became startled and they quickly had to hold them back.

Levi turned around, "Hey! You've gotta light up the ground!" He scolded.

"S-Sorry." The soldier apologized.

"We're not at the foot yet? It's almost dawn." Levi asked Dirk. Beside him, Dirk brought out a map and checked it under the light. "Once we're over this mountain, Shiganshina's right there." He said.

Further in the formation, with the Levi Squad, Eren glanced back to look at Mikasa who held the reins of Y/n's horse. Then he looked at Armin who held his. "Sorry, you're stuck with our horses." He said.

Mikasa shook his head, "The two of you are supposed to be saving your energy." Eren pursed his lips. "Yeah, I know."

"He's right. Rest up, Eren." Connie said behind him. Jean clicked his tongue, "Don't say his name, idiot." Connie then apologized for his mistake. "Assume this place is swarming with enemies," Jean said, his eyes glanced around the area and he spotted a dark figure in the corner of his eye.

It was the silhouette of a titan.

In fright, he directed his light toward it and yelled out to the others to warn them of the danger. "Titan on the left! Everyone halt! Light up the area!"

The line of soldiers closest to the titan swarmed it, half raised their lamps while others drew out their swords. Mikasa stayed by the siblings and immediately stood in front of the Jaegers protectively, his face turned serious as they all faced the danger.

Hange appeared from the crowd and observed the titan, compared to the others, she approached it without caution. "It's all right. He's fast asleep. This lad must not be one of those new types that move at night." She said from her quick observation. She smiled. "That's too bad. Let him be." She said. The soldiers were able to relax, they sheathed their swords and pointed their lamps back onto the path, continuing on their journey.

"I can't believe we didn't see it till that close-up," Eren mumbled.

"Yeah, I'm with you there." Hange agreed with him, "This moonless night must be protecting us. Light from the moon is reflected sunlight. The new type of titan...We think they use that minuscule amount of reflected light to move. Using the new moon was the right move. There's no guarantee we won't have a repeat of before. That lad may be one of those Moonlight Titans for all we know." Just as she said so, a grin spread across her lips. "Hope we can capture one someday!" She sang.