𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟐

Reader's POV

After minutes of leaving the boat and walking over to the patient's house- I noticed how not many people lived out here. Along with that I couldn't see the walls from here. Half a mile in we stopped at a house, it was lit with light from the inside. Indicating that someone was living here. Father glanced at the house and I could tell he was in thought.

"Is this the Ackerman household?" I asked him, catching his attention. He looked at me and smiled, putting his hand on my head. I smiled in return.

"No, it's not. I believed it was until I realized this house doesn't have a vegetable garden." Father told me. He gave the house one last glance and continued to walk.

"Vegetable garden?" Eren asked. The both of us followed after him like duckings.

"My patient's house has a vegetable garden in the front. If I hadn't looked for the garden then we would be knocking on the wrong house. Though we're now closer to our destination."

Ahh! Dad was just making sure it was the right house! This house must be a landmark. Understanding Eren and I kept quiet. Light rain beginning to drizzle down on us. Thankfully father brought an umbrella with him, opening it he lifted it above us to shied us from the rain.

-

It started to rain more as soon as we made it to the Ackerman's home. We stood at their front porch, protected from the rain from the roofing. Father closed his umbrella, knocking at the door of the house.

When he had finished knocking Eren started to talk. Earlier when we were making our way here Eren started wondering how this someone was like.

"Mikasa?" He said, looking up at father as he looked down at Eren.

"Yes, he's a boy of your age. As you seen there aren't many houses. Meaning there aren't any other children around here, so get along with him." He responded.

"That depends on his attitude." Eren said while hiding his chin in his scarf. Taking his eyes away from father.

"Eren that's why you only have one friend. And Y/n does not count." Our father talked back to Eren. Causing Eren to glare up at father.

"I'm fine with becoming friends with him, as along as he's nice to me." I had said, smiling gently as father smiled at me as well. However it didn't last long, he got serious when he didn't hear the Ackerman's in the home.

"Maybe they're not home."

After he said that he went back to knocking on the wooden door.

"Mr. Ackerman it's me Dr. Jaeger." Father said his name so they would know who it was but yet there was still no response. Hm, it's quite rude to call in a doctor's appointment and not even be home on that day. I thought, crossing my arms.

Hearing the doorknob move I change my stance as I expected one of the Ackerman's to be opening up the door. Realizing it was my father that was opening up the door.

"Pardon the intrusion."

When he had opened the door a little and looked through the gap I heard him gasp. Both Eren and I heard and perked up to question.

"What's wrong?" Asked Eren, tugging at the end of his sleeve. He started to scare me as he didn't seem to react at all to Eren tugging at his sleeve. I noticed the shock in his eyes. What the heck is in there?!

"Hey, dad?" I ask.

He quickly opened the door wider, walking into the house in a hurry. Taking this chance Eren walked up to the door and took a look inside. Following him, I stood behind him. He stopped walking in as soon as he had a good view of the inside, which caused me to not be able to see.