𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟔

3rd POV

Blinded from Mikasa's attack Annie was left in darkness. Even with making her healing abilities prioritize her eyes, it wasn't quick enough. The explosion rang loud and was followed by heavy footsteps that shook the ground.

Panicked she tried to listen to where the footsteps were coming. From where Eren was coming from. To my left. She thought. Going to dodge the attack she was slow and got hit. The force of Eren's punch sent her crashing into a building behind her.

Seeing that Eren was in titan form Mikasa felt well enough to go to Y/n. Swinging to her limp body he went towards her nape.

"Y/n! Are you okay?!" Shouting he went quiet when hearing her titan grumble. It was then followed by a series of groans and growls. Y/n was trying to talk through the titan like she did back at Trost.

Taking this as a sign that she was alright and just had to heal up Mikasa smiled for a split second.

"Eren transformed, with the both of you, Annie doesn't stand a chance. You have to heal quickly." Mikasa said, Y/n groaned in response.

-

"Let us pray. We pray for the wellbeing of our three goddesses: Maria. Rose. Sina. For they bring our security." Pastor Nick spoke. He stood in front of a crowd of his fellow worshippers, his arms outstretched as everyone prayed. "We shall not doubt the Holy Walls. The three walls, born from God's hands...Are further strengthened by our faith and devotion."

In the crowd, the people linked arms, one of the worshippers having tears in the edge of her eyes.

"Our pure and faithful hearts protect us from the titans..." While continuing the prayer he heard loud stomping coming from outside the church. "For the only power that drives the titans from us-" Opening his eyes, questioning what was making the sound he was cut off when something crashed into the church.

Blown away he covered his head from the flying debris.

What had crashed into the building? It was no other than Annie after she had been punched by Eren.

One of her eyes had healed enough to give her sight, feeling things under her hand she looked down. Below her were lifeless bodies of Wall Worshippers she had killed from the impact. One of the victims was the woman who teared up believing her gods would protect her from the titans.

Widening her eye Annie quickly lifted herself and ran away.

Removing his arms from his head Nick widened his eyes at seeing the titan in Wall Sina. Terrified he watched as the titan ran towards the wall.

"N...No! Keep it away from the wall!" He yelled while stepping over the bodies of his worshippers.

Chasing after Annie the Scouts realized what she was doing. "It's trying to get over the wall!" One of Hange's squad members yelled out. "If it gets away now, humanity's done for!" Another, Rashad, said.

"Damn it! It's heading towards a clearing!" Keiji noticed the open clearing that was ahead of them, Annie was going straight towards it. Knowing they couldn't follow her there. But she was faced with a problem...Eren could still get to her.

The scouts called out Eren's name when seeing him run past them and into the clearing with the Female Titan.

"He seems to be doing a good job of staying himself this time. Let's trust him to buy us some time." Hange mumbled when she landed on a roof with other scouts by her side. Swinging her arm out she yelled out a plan. "Split into two groups! Do whatever it takes! Just secure the Female Titan!" Obeying her the Scouts jumped off and followed her words.