𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑

3rd POV

"We'll do it!" Eren shouted. Squeezing Y/n's hand as she nodded at what he said. Commander Pixis smiled and let out a huff. Putting his hands on both Eren's and Y/n's shoulders and patted them lightly. "Well said. You're a real man. And you're quite the impressive woman." Pixis told them before standing up and walking off to the edge of the wall.

"I'll call my strategists. We'll develop a plan!" Waving his hand out he called out for his strategists. Armin widens his eyes. "No way! That idea depends on so many assumptions, and he's just going to run with it?" Armin mumbled loud enough that it reached Eren and Y/n.

"I was just thinking the same thing," Hearing Eren, Armin, and Mikasa looked over at him. "But there's no sense in doubting his decision. Commander Pixis must see potential in something the rest of us can't see." Eren said. Armin raised his eyebrows. "Something we can't see?" He asked softly. Eren didn't hear what he asked and continued to speak. "Also, I think there's a bigger issue that must be addressed before the plan can be executed. And the Commander fully recognizes it."

"What do you mean?" Armin asked.

"The titans aren't our only enemy." Eren answered. Armin gasped and stared at Eren.

"There's no time to waste," Hearing the voice of Pixis get closer to them Eren and Y/n got up from the ground and now all four of them faced him and his soldiers. "I will need your help, young soldiers."

-

Down at the bottom of the wall, a crowd of soldiers of the Garrison and Cadets stood in front of the wall. They all stood scattered around awaiting Commander's Pixis's orders. But as they waited the soldiers and cadets spoke amongst themselves.

"A plan to retake Trost?"

"You're kidding..."

"We have no way to seal that hole."

"What is the brass thinking? Going into Trost would be our deaths!"

"Since we can't seal the hole, all we can do is die defending Wall Rose's gate."

"Damn it...They want glory that much?"

Marco stood next to Daz, listening as he spoke about the situation. "I have to return to that hell?" Thinking about it Daz panicked and sent his hands to his head. Gripping his hair he yelled, causing Marco to look down at him. Startled by Daz's sudden actions. "No! I don't want to die! Let me see my family!"

"Hey, Daz, you're being too loud..." Marco warned Daz, however, it was too late as a Garrison soldier heard the yelling and began to make his way to Daz. "You there! I heard you!" Getting in front of Daz he yelled down at him. Tears already forming in his eyes. "Are you saying you want to abandon your mission?" The soldier asked.

"That's right! This is nothing but mass suicide! It's meaningless!" Daz scream. The soldier glowered and lowered his hand to grab ahold of one of his blades. "Have you no respect for humanity? For order? If I chose to, I could execute you this minute." Although he threatened Daz the boy didn't feel fazed. Instead, he grabbed ahold of one of his blades.

"It's a hundred times better than being eaten by titans!" Before he could fully pull out his blade Marco came in and place his hands on Daz's shoulders.

"Stop it, Daz!"

"No! Let me do it! Let go of me! I won't go back there!" Daz shouted. It was heard around the area. Soldiers overheard and began mumbling to themselves even more. "Did you hear that? Given the circumstances, I don't blame him..." One soldier said. Another soldier near where Jean and Bertholdt were lowered his head and whispered: "I hope someone rebels over here, too." He said. A female soldier beside him agreed.