𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟕

3rd POV

"What are you doing here?" Erwin asked, Y/n gulped, her eyes wide. She glanced around, looking for any nearby scouts. She didn't see any, but she also didn't see any titans. She continued to remove her belt off the loops of her pants.

"You said Eren's name...You guys were able to retrieve him?!" She asked, finally taking off her belt she wrapped it around what was left of Erwin's arm. Because he fell from his horse, his injury began to bleed again. Tightening the belt, Y/n hooked the metal clasp with the leather, making sure it wouldn't loosen from Erwin's bicep.

When she was done, her fingers were covered with his blood. Erwin looked from his missing arm to Y/n, noticing tears in the edge of her eyes.

"Yes, we did. We were able to recover Eren from the Armored and Colossal Titan." Erwin told her, his voice low from the pain he felt. He didn't tell Y/n his thanks, but he slipped gratitude in his voice. Y/n's eyes lightened at knowing her brother was back with them...Yet in the situation they were in, she couldn't feel happy just yet.

"And Mikasa?" She then asked, her tone sounding desperate. "Is he fine?"

Erwin thought for a second, he wasn't sure about Mikasa. The last Erwin saw of him Mikasa was riding with Eren until the titans started dropping in.

"I am not certain, both of his physical condition and whereabouts." He told her. Y/n dropped her hands to her thighs, staining her white pants with blood. "However," Erwin started. "Mikasa was with Eren, the two were at the front when retreating. They should be nearby." He wasn't even bothered that Y/n disobeyed his orders and was here. He just watched Y/n change her face to a hopeful one.

"You should be able to find them if you take your horse and go past the titans. Leave me." With his left hand, he reached out and grabbed the reins of Y/n's horse. "Go, find Eren." Pulling in the horse he plopped the reins on Y/n's hands.

Dilating her eyes she shook her head. "I can't leave you! You're injured with no horse, I'll..." She hesitated, she had originally come here for Mikasa. "...I'll wait here with you until others come."

Y/n wouldn't have to wait for long. As only a few minutes passed when four scouts came to them on horseback, they had been searching for the Commander.

"Commander!" One of them yelled, jumping off their horse to defend Erwin from any titans. The three others did the same, protecting Erwin from every angle.

Y/n knew she could leave now and look for Mikasa and Eren. Getting up she was about to straddle her horse but before she did, she looked at Erwin.

"Please don't die." She told him, jumping on her horse and heading towards the fighting. She was trusting those scouts with the life and safety of Commander Erwin.

Giving them one last glance, she entered the danger zone. The clouds of dust settle.

-

Carla grabbed her son by his shoulders, kneeling to be on eye level with him. "You're a man! Show some restraint! You need to be there for Y/n and Mikasa, too!"

-

The smiling titan walked closer to the pair, Eren could only stare up at it in pure shock. Even as it lifted its hand to stuck him and Mikasa. The black-haired boy responded quickly and lunged in front of Eren, shielding him with his injured body.

"Eren!" Mikasa yelled. Before the titan could've hit them, a figure appeared, stopping the attack with their body. The two looked up, seeing Hannes as the one who stopped it.

The older man shielded them, using his arm to prevent the titan from grabbing him. Building up his strength, he shoved its hand, slicing its thumb as he did. Eren gasped but Hannes laughed, his eyes looking down at the teens with a smirk.