𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟑

Reader's POV

Brushing my left hand against the leaves of a nearby bush I sighed out heavily while waiting for Eren to finish collecting enough firewood in the forest.

Today was one of those days where mother sent Eren, Mikasa, and I to go collect firewood. And so, we went to the forest we always go to. I had gone ahead and quickly filled up my log carrier so I could spend the rest of my time looking around the familiar forest.

"Guys I finished. I want to go over to the tree and rest there for a bit...I'm feeling a bit tired but I don't want to go home right now." Eren walked up to us and rubbed his eye. Nodding my head he walked over to a large tree that rested on a small hill surrounded by flowers.

-

Taking off my log carrier I placed it near the tree where Eren began to lay down in the shade. Walking off I headed to a large area filled with my favorite flowers you can find here.

Sitting down on the grass I fixed my skirt a little so it wouldn't be tight around my folded legs. Reaching out my hand I picked one of the many blue flowers in front of me. Making sure it still had much of its stem with it since I wanted to make a flower crown...a smaller version of it. A flower bracelet. Should be the same steps as a crown.

Getting multiple flowers I was starting to form a miniature version of a flower crown, one that would fit someone's wrist.

"You should draw flowers for your next drawing." Hearing Mikasa say I saw his shadow casting over me, looking up at him I smiled like always.

"I think I should. These flowers will wilt soon but a drawing will last a much longer time." Seeing him taking a seat on the ground beside me, I went back to making the bracelet.

"It'll make your father happy that you're using the colors he got you for your birthday. He seemed very happy when he saw your reaction to getting them." Moving the green stem of the flower over another I listened to Mikasa. My birthday...I remember that day clearly.

Father brought me a package of color pigments that I can use to color drawings. Mother had gotten me new clothes. I used to wear dresses all the time but now I was starting to wear long skirts that reached down to my knees or lower.

Armin had gotten me an empty book with blank pages. His present went great with what father got me. Mikasa wasn't sure what to get me for my birthday since he hadn't known me long, but his gift was still heart-touching. He made me a little plush of myself. I found it very adorable, especially since little Y/n held a tiny heart. Of course, Mikasa also made one for Eren. Our birthdays were on the same day after all.

"I think I was happier than he was, but of course anyone would be joyed that the person liked what you gifted them. Dad out did himself this year!" Saying so I looped the final flower stem and finished the bracelet. Looking down at it I suddenly felt a weight be placed on my head. Lifting my eyes I opened my mouth a little, a bit surprised.

Mikasa was on his knees and had placed a flower crown on my head. His usual stoic face was on his features while he went back to sitting next to me.

"I made you one." Hearing Mikasa say quietly I thanked him. Bringing my hand up to touch the flowers I could feel that he used the same blue flowers. My face was beginning to warm up a little...

Taking my hand back to hold the bracelet I made, I decided I want to give it to Mikasa. Grabbing a hold of Mikasa's hand I gently placed the flower bracelet on his hand.

"Here, you can have it, Mikasa." Smiling at him I saw him smile a little in the corner of his mouth. He slipped his hand into the bracelet and inspected it, probably taking note of how I made it.