4. Together Breakfast

It was early morning at the beach house when Steven opened the windows to watch the sunrise. "Everyone's out. Guess I'm makin' us breakfast."

Steven began rummaging in his kitchen as he started making breakfast, starting with a stack of waffles with lots of syrup on them

Steven knocks on temple door. "Pearl, Garnet, Amethyst? Is anyone home?" He calls out but gets no reply, He turns around with a determined look on his face. "Hm!"

The temple door knocks and Steven looks to it to see Y/n.

"It's open!!" Steven calls out in a sing song voice and Y/n enters the beach house door.

"Morning Steven." Y/n says to the boy.

"Hi Y/n!" Steven waves heading back to the kitchen to greet Y/n properly. "You know you don't have to knock on the door every time right?"  

"It feels a bit rude just to enter unannounced." Y/n says back.

"Whaaat? But your totally welcome at the Beach house." Steven says. 

"Well, I wouldn't say totally." Y/n chuckles a little before he sighs. "So, What are you making?" He asks noticing the stack of waffles drenched in a bit too much syrup for his liking.

"I'm making Breakfast!" Steven says as he then microwaves some popcorn and dumps them over the waffles. Steven then sprays a mountain of whipped cream on top of the waffles. Steven looks at the breakfast he just made. "Look at you, you are out of control!" Steven says as he  takes a strawberry and carefully places it on top of the whipped cream. He then lifts the breakfast up in triumph. "It's done!" He cries then sets it down on the kitchen before he sighs, and flops next to the breakfast. 

"What's wrong Steven?" Y/n asks.

"That thing's too good for me to eat alone. It's a... "Together Breakfast!" Steven suddenly says perking up.

At that moment the Warp Pad suddenly began to glow as one of the gems beamed in, startling Y/n and Steven. Garnet then appears from the warp stream, carrying a scroll in her hand.

"Ah, Garnet, perfect!" Steven says pickings up the Together Breakfast. "Check it out! It's not exactly healthy, but it's in a stack, so I guess you could say, it's a... balanced breakfast?" Steven strains a smile at his own joke, trying to get a reaction from Garnet, but she doesn't react.

"You know, like I made us all breakfast." Steven says lowering the plate a little. "I thought we could eat together. Like, like best buds!"

"I can't stay. There's business to attend to inside the temple." Garnet says as she walks to a door at the back of the beach house, behind the warp pad. She places the scroll under her arm and holds her hands up to the two. Upon her hands were two gems that shined as the door responded by opening.

"Aw, business? Like what?" Steven asks as he sets the Together Breakfast on the kitchen counter.

"I have to burn this." Garnet tells the two as she unfurls the scroll, revealing strange mystic symbols, as ominous whispers are heard from it.

"That is... unsettling." Y/n comments looking at it.

"Cool!" Steven cries takes a photo of the scroll with his smartphone, and Garnet snatches it away. "Ah!"

"I have to burn this, too." Garnet says as she walks through the door and it closes behind her.

Steven runs up to the door. "No, my apps!"