60. Same Old World

Garnet, Pearl, and Amethyst were sat down on the mattress as Steven, Y/n  and Peridot share their underground experience with the the Cluster with them.

"It was so intense down there! We were already a few layers into the Earth's crust, WHEN SUDDENLY ...WA-PAMO! KA POWIE!" Peridot cries. "All these gross Cluster limbs started clawing at the drill. So, I whipped out the old Photon Blaster and, "PEW PEW P-CHOW CHOW! Take that, Cluster! And Steven was all, "My feelings!", and then up and passes out on us! Then everything started glowing and... well, yeah, wait." Peridot clears her throat.

"Peridot, I'm sure Steven can fill them in on the rest since he's the one who actually saved us." Y/n says as he gets up from the mattress now.

"Where are you going Y/n?" Pearl asks. 

"To check on Lapis, She might have woken up." Y/n says as she starts walking to the barn now.

"You should've seen it, right Steven?" Peridot asks him. "Tell 'em what happened in there!"

Steven who was gazing at Y/n walking to the barn does not respond.

"Steven?" Peridot asks.

"Hold on a sec. I'll be right back." Steven says as he quickly gets up and runs to join Y/n.

The two reach the barn now to check up on Lapis Lazuli, who is lying on a bed made of hay. 

Garnet then slowly appears walking behind them. "I see you're both worried about your friend." She says getting their attentions.

"Yeah." Y/n answers as he looks back to Lapis. "She looks exhausted..."

"When I saw her in my dreams, it looked like she was fighting so hard to keep Malachite from escaping." Steven says sadly.

"Lapis spent an unbearable amount of time fused with Jasper. The emotional and physical strain of that type of fusion, I can't imagine." 

"She is going to need a lot of time to recover it sounds like." Y/n says and Garnet nods.

Steven sighs. "You're right."

"Come on, I'm dying to hear more about what happened underground." Garnet says to them.

Steven chuckles. "Okay."

Steven and Garnet walk off and Y/n turns to follow them before he looks back at Lapis one last time before he leaves rejoin the others.

It was night time outside the barn and Y/n was a sleep in the sleeping bag he had come accustomed to over the past month while Steven was asleep near him in his caterpillar sleeping bag.

A noise sounds out from inside the barn and it causes Steven to quickly wake up. Steven turns his head to the barn and hears another noise. He quickly gets up and begins to lightly shake Y/n in his sleeping bag in the hope of waking him up. 

As Y/n gets shaken by Steven he begins to mumble in his sleep. "No...Steven...I don't want... syrup on my pancakes." He says before falling back asleep.

Steven begins to shakes Y/n more now and this time his eyes slowly open. Y/n groans as he sits up and see Steven near him.

"What's up buddy? You have a nightmare? " He asks as he yawns.

"No, I heard something in the barn." Steven says.

"The barn?" Y/n asks as he turns his head to look at it for a moment. "Hmm...Oh!" It takes him a moment to realise.