27. Winter Forecast

It was a cold day in Beach city and sat around the Beach house's fireplace was Y/n, Steven and Connie. A bag of open marshmallows sat between the group  while Y/n was roasting marshmallows on a stick.

"I can't believe it's already winter...Summer feels like it was just a few weeks ago." Y/n says as he looks at the marshmallow.

"Mmm... You're roasting good!" Steven comments as Y/n withdraws a roasted marshmallow away from the fire and hold it up to Steven who blows at the marshmallow and eats it.

"Mmmh..." Steven hums in delight.

"Good job not setting that one on fire." Connie says.

"Well for someone who's never roasted Marshmallow's before, I think I'm getting the hang of it." Y/n chuckles as he puts a new one on the stick and begins roasting it.

"Mm-hmm. What is it about marshmallows that make them so... good?" Steven ponders.

"It's probably the animal by-product." Connie comments.

"You mean like... poop?" Steven asks a little disgusted. 

Connie picks up a marshmallow. "No. Stuff like hooves, bone marrow, collagen..." She eats it. "and lots of sugar and corn syrup."

"Corn Sugar!" Steven yells.

Y/n looks at his marshmallow now. "Suddenly, I'm not in mood for Marshmallows..." He comments.

"Sugar syrup!" Connie just yells as she joins in with Steven and shoves a handful of marshmallows into her mouth. "Mmm! Bone marrow!"

Steven and Connie laugh together, when Connie's cellphone rings.

Connie picks up the phone now. "Hello?"

"Have you been watching World Weather News?" Her mother's voice could be heard saying on the phone.

"Um... no."  Connie says with her mouth still full and she swallows the marshmallows in her mouth. "Steven's still grounded from watching TV."

"I see. Well, there's a snowstorm on its way to Beach City, and I don't want you getting snowed in. You need to get a ride home this instant. Otherwise your father is gonna try to pick you up." Connie's mother warns.

Connie gets worried. "Oh no. Don't send Dad. I'll be home soon." She hangs up her phone. "Looks like I gotta get going."

 "Oh, no..." Steven with a mouth full of marshmallows says.

"There's a snowstorm coming through, and my parents don't want me getting stuck here." Connie tells the two.

"A snow storm huh?" Y/n asks. "That would explain the cold weather."

Steven swallows his marshmallows. "Man! That stinks!"

Connie sighs. "Wouldn't it be fun if we all got snowed in together?"

Steven gasps. "We could stay up all night and watch the snow fall!"

Steven and Connie just smile at each other when the Gem then walks into the house from the Crystal Temple.

"Hello, you three." Garnet greets.

"Hi, Garnet." Steven and Connie say together.

"Hey." Y/n gives a friendly wave.

"You all having a nice time?" Pearl asks.

The three get up from the fire place now as they walk over to join the gems. "Yeah, but Connie has to go soon. There's a snowstorm-a-comin."