29. Marble Madness

So it's the last chapter of 2022. Here's hoping that next year will be a good year for everyone and thank you all for your continued support on my stories this year. It really helps me going. 

Steven, Y/n and Connie are sitting on the beach in front of the Crystal Temple and both Y/n and Steven were covering their eyes. 

"Can we look yet?" Steven ask impatiently.

"Okay." Connie says as she pulls out a book titled "Unfamiliar Familiar".

Steven and Y/n opens their eyes and Steven gasps.  "BOOOOKS!" 

"Hmm, nice cover." Y/n comments looking at it.

"It's my favorite series!" Connie says to the two. "It's about this girl named Lisa and she's a witch! I mean, she doesn't know she's a witch at first, and she has a familiar, which is sorta like this spirit companion that everyone in the world has. And hers is a talking falcon named Archimicarus! Anyways she goes on this quest to find her father after he's kidnapped by the mysterious one-eyed man."

"Whoa, mystery!" Steven says intrigued.

"Here! Lemme get you started!" Connie takes the book from Steven and opens it. "Ahem. Chapter One: The Morning Thief. Lisa awoke with a start, the echoes of her dreams still dancing in her mind, the low rumble of thunder murmured through the quiet house.. "

A distant rumbling noise is then heard, shocking Steven, Y/n and Connie a bit.

"Wooah, this is a really good book!" Steven comments.

"Uh... okay. "The house was deathly still. The only sound Lisa could hear was her own heartbeat pounding in her ears. The hairs on her neck tingled when suddenly..."

Something then suddenly plunges into the sea near them.

"What the..." Y/n says as he Steven and Connie gets splashed by water. "Aahh!"

The Gems burst out of the Beach House to see what is happening.

"What was that?" Amethyst asks.

A giant green sphere rolls onto the beach from the sea, and legs extend out of it.

"It looks like one of the Marble Robots from before. " Y/n points out..

"What?" Connie asks.

The robonoid starts advancing towards Y/n, Steven and Connie. Garnet quickly jumps in between and stops it with her gauntlets.

"AMETHYST! PEARL!" She shouts and Amethyst & Pearl leap into the air and dive towards the robonoid. 

"Huuuuuh Yaaaaaah!!!" Amethyst and Pearl cry as they use their weapons to  successfully destroy the robonoid and goo is thrown everywhere, while Steven has already summoned his bubble shield to protect himself, Y/n and Connie.