72. Crack The Whip

Y/n was sitting on the couch at the Beach house as he read a book and Steven was up in his room playing video games.

Pearl and Garnet were getting onto the Crystal Temple Warp Pad.

"All right, we may be a while." Pearl says.

Steven puts down his controller and runs down the stairs. "But..."

"Amethyst." Garnet calls her name.

Amethyst was reading a magazine titled Pretty Hairstylist. "What? I'm busy."

"Amethyst, hold down the fort." Garnet tells her.

Amethyst puts down the book and lazily salutes. "Aye, aye, Captain. No surprises while I'm on duty."

Connie, holding Rose's Sword, suddenly barges through the door with Lion behind her.

"Wha..!?" Amethyst says in shock.

"Surprise! I'm early!" Connie says excitedly.

"...I was trying to tell you, Connie and Y/n have sword training today." Steven says to Pearl.

Pearl covers her mouth in shock. "Oh! I completely forgot... I'm so sorry, Y/n and Connie..."

Amethyst clears her throat tauntingly. "Very irresponsible, Pearl."

Pearl glares and groans at Amethyst.

"It's fine. I didn't really feel like training today anyway." Y/n says.

Pearl just frowns. "Is everything alright Y/n? Normally you are always excited to train." 

"I'm fine. I didn't really feel like training today anyway." Y/n says again to Pearl but she hums not quite believing him.

"Is this because of Jasper? Are you headed back North?" Connie asks now. 

"She's on the move." Garnet says.

"When we were in the North she took two gems. I don't know if it means anything but if you try to find some corrupted Gems maybe it will lead you to Jasper." Y/n suggests.

Garnet adjusts her visor. "Thank you, I shall take that into consideration."

"We can't have Jasper just out there attacking random monsters for whatever reason." Pearl says now.

"Of course, be safe!" Connie tells them.

"That's my line." Pearl smiles. "Amethyst!"

"Got it." Amethyst lazily says.

"We'll train next week without Jasper hanging over our heads." Pearl tells Y/n and Connie now

"Best case scenario." Garnet adds before she and Pearl warp out.

Amethyst gets up now. "Lucky break for you guys, you get the training day off." She says and puts her arm over Connie's shoulder. "So what do you wanna do?"

Steven and Connie were sparring with each other on the beach,  Y/n was sitting down on the sand looking a little disinterested with Lion fast asleep beside him, While Amethyst was sitting and watching them on a hand statue.

 Steven summons his shield as Connie strikes on it with her sword. She strikes again and Steven ducks under, dodging it. He then summons his bubble shield around him, knocking Connie back. Steven summons two shields and throws them in succession at Connie. Connie then counters with her sword, deflecting the shields. Steven gasps as his shields fly back at him and jumps up floating into the air.