91. Doug Out

Steven, Y/n and Connie were on the beach boardwalk getting a bag of fry bits from Peedee at the fry shop.

"Thanks for the bits, Peedee." Steven says as he takes his bag of Fry bits. "Oh, and tell Ronaldo I hope his weird rash clears up soon." Steven then adds as he, Y/n and walk off with Connie.

Steven, Y/n and Connie sit on a bench and begin eating the fry bits.

"Life can get really intense, huh?" Steven starts.

"Yeah, especially your guys lifes. Let's see, alien abduction." Connie says.

"Going to a weird zoo for humans in space." Steven adds.

"Having to play conversationalist for two Diamonds." Y/n chimes.

"And sneaking out past a pair of intergalactic tyrants!" Connie finishes as she and Steven laugh together.

Steven takes a fry bit from the bag and lifts it up to the sky. "Well, it's nice to know that we can still have peaceful days like this without any trouble."

"Sometimes the quiet moments are the ones that speak the most." Y/n says.

Steven flicks the fry bit and attempts to catch it in his mouth, but fails, and he laughs. "Almost."

"Hey, kid!" a mysterious voice calls out.

Steven, Y/n and Connie look over and spot Doug speaking through a megaphone by his car.

"Drop those fry bits! Drop em'!" Doug says.

"Oh no, it's the cops!" Steven cries. "All the years of ordering off menu have finally come back to taunt me!"

"You mean haunt you?" Y/n asks.

"Steven, that's not even a police car, it's just..." Connie begins to say.

"I surrender!" Steven cries as he gets off the bench and runs towards Doug. "I knew I was breaking the rules but, I did it anyway! The bits had their hooks in meeee."

Connie runs over to Steven, laughing. "Dad, quit joking around!"

Y/n walks up to the three now.

"Come on, Connie I almost had him!" Her dad says as he takes the megaphone away from his mouth.

"Mr. Maheswaran!?" Steven says in shock before he sighs in relief and collapses to the ground.

Doug puts his megaphone in his car and walks over to Steven. "Wow, I didn't think he would take it that seriously." He squats down to check on Steven now. "You okay there Steven?"

"Oh, yeah, I love it down here." Steven says not getting up.

"Y/n, Nice to see you again. I hope you are well." Doug greets Y/n.

"Hello Mr Maheswaran. I am well thank you." Y/n says being polite.

"And how's my swashbuckling swashbuckler doing?" Doug asks Connie now.

"I'm good." Connie smiles.

"You know, Steven, maybe you're dehydrated. Probably from eating all that garbage before dinner." Doug says to Steven.

"Respectfully, fry bits are not garbage." Steven says sitting up now.

"Don't worry, Steven, he's just messing with you." 

Doug chuckles. "Sorry Steven." 

"Let's get you up." Y/n says as he holds out his hand to Steven and helps him up now.