41. Keeping it Together

"We need to track down Peridot." Garnet says seriously. "We found her pod. We know she's out there somewhere. She came to Earth with a job to do and odds are, she's still gonna try to do it. That's why I've gathered you here."

Steven, Y/n,  Garnet, Pearl and Amethyst are then seen sat in the beach house living room folding Steven's t-shirts together.

"I thought it was so you can help me fold all this laund-a-ry!" Steven says..

"That too. The chore wheel idea you had fell apart fast." Garnet says.

"Wasn't me." Amethyst is quick to say.

The group turn to look at the chore wheel pasted on the refrigerator, where everyone's names are struck out and replaced with Pearl's name, written in her handwriting. Pearl and Garnet exchange looks.

"I just really enjoy doing all of those things." Pearl says.

"It's better if we do them together." Garnet says.

"Humans should just stop wearing clothes, be a lot funnier." Amethyst comments.

"Some don't." Y/n says now as he folds a t-shirt. "They're called nudists."

"Hey! I'm a civil-i-fied part human, thank you very much. Clothing is a must." Steven says as he looks at the laundry pile. "Hmm... This is a lot. I bet this folding would go faster if Ruby and Sapphire were here!" He says.

"I'm sure they'd be glad to see you Steven. But I am not unfusing for laundry." Garnet says and she smiles.

"Aww." Steven sighs.

"Garnet, you don't think Peridot would come looking for us, do you?" Pearl asks now.

"We weren't her priority. She was sent here to do something in the Kindergarten." Garnet comments. 

"Do you think she's still going to try to reactivate it?" Y/n asks.

"Mmm... If she gets it back up and running, the Injectors will turn back on." Garnet says.

"In-jec-tors? What're those?" Steven asks as the gems all look glum.

"You've already seen them. Well, you've seen them disabled." Pearl says as she projects a hologram from her gem of the machines they saw back when Amethyst had taken them there. "If Peridot reactivates them, they'll pick up right where they left off, planting Gems in the crust of the Earth, where they'll incubate and suck the life right out of the ground. We can't let Peridot restart Gem production here, if we do, the entire planet will become..."

"...Janked." 

"Garnet!" Amethyst can't help but chuckle. "That mouth!"

"Don't worry, we'll stop her." Garnet says getting up now. "C'mon, Crystal Gems." She approaches the Warp Pad.

"Coming!" Pearl says as she follows Garnet.

"As long as we don't have to fold anything." Amethyst says and summons her whip and following the two.

Y/n and Steven continues folding his t-shirts.

"Y/n, Steven." Garnet calls out their names and the two turn to look at the gems on the warp pad.

"C'mon, that means you guys too." Amethyst says.

Steven and Y/n look at each other for a moment then quickly get up and rush excitedly onto the warp pad with the Gems.