80. Gem Harvest

Happy Holidays to everyone! 

Y/n and Steven were stood outside the heavily modified barn as Steven knocks on the front door of the barn.

"Peridot! Lapis! We're here!" Yn calls out.

"Did you forget your favorite Y/n and Steven were coming over to spend the night?" Steven follows up but there is no answer from inside. 

Steven looks around and spots an alien mask ornament, with antlers on top and a rope hanging out of it, at the side of the barn. "Aha! A door knocky thing!"  Steven pulls on the rope, and the whole ornament falls apart. "Eh!"

Steven then turns around and sees a cornfield in front of the barn.

"Hey, that looks new." Steven says to Y/n as she points to a nearby cornfield.

"Woah. Looks like Peridot and Lapis sure have been busy." Y/n comments. 

Y/n and Steven begin to walk through the cornfield now while Steven is holding the alien mask and antlers horn.

"Peridot, Lapis! I-I'm sorry I broke your door thingy! I wanted to fix it, but I don't know how it goes together! Makes a pretty neat mask though." Steven calls out and sees more rows of crops ahead. "Wow! Did we just die and go to the back of a cereal box?" He asks Y/n.

Y/n and Steven step forward, when a sprinkler system starts up at Y/n's side and Steven screams in surprise, which catches Lapis who was nearby activating the sprinkler systems with her water abilities attention.

"Hi, Y/n! Steven!" Lapis greets them as she stops the sprinkler systems and flies over to them.

"Y/n! Steven!" Peridot's voice cries out nearby and they look to see her riding by on a tractor in the background. "I'm on a tractor!"

"Did I spray you guys by accident?" Lapis asks the two.

"Just a little." Steven chuckles and he shakes his head around to shrug off the water. 

Y/n just grabs the edge of his shirt as he tries to ring out the water a little. "I've ruined way too many good clothes on missions for this to be a problem at this point." He comments. 

"Haha. So glad you could make it." Lapis says happy to see them.

"Y/n! Steven!" Peridot's voice cries out again now. "How do you like our little.." The tractor stops, causing Peridot to jolt a bit. "Ough! Experiment?"

"It's amazing." Steven says in awe.

"What made you two want to start farming stuff all of a sudden?" Y/n asks the two.

"I have all the skills required for growing Gems. I figured, why not try growing something else?" Peridot says as she jumps off of the tractor and joins the three. "Who knows? Maybe they're ready right now!" Peridot pulls an ear of corn off a corn stalk.