6. Bubble Buddies

Wow already getting close to 20k :O

It was an ordinary day as Steven left the beach house with a bicycle, pushing it down the stairs. A roaring noise is heard, rumbling the place, which startles Steven and causes him to let go of his bike leading it to tumble down the stairs.

"Oh! Woooh" Steven cries as he runs after his bike.

Garnet, Pearl and Amethyst were on the beach walking towards the direction of the beach house.  "I don't think they are earthquakes, they're too frequent!" Pearl says as Steven's bike collapses in front of the Gems and they look down at it. Steven catches up to it and picks it up.

"Hey look! Steven's got a bike! Where ya goin', Steven?" Amethyst asks.

"Just out for a ride." Steven replies.

"In the sand?" Pearl asks not understanding.

"Yup!" Steven says as he climbs onto the bike and tries to peddle. 

Steven struggles as he rides his bike in the sand away from the gems. He looks up and sees a dark-skinned girl nearby, reading a book on the sand. He then peddles his bike past her and parks it.

"Some smooth ride..." Steven starts as he turns to look at the girl who is engrossed in her book. "Five speeds... "He continues as he repeatedly turns to between her and his bike. "Hand brakes... Electric blue finish with a tiger bell!" He rings the bell to draw the girl's attention, without any luck and failing to notice a familiar figure had made their towards them. "I bet there are a lot of kids who'd love to ride this bi.."

"Steven, what are you doing?" A voice asks and Steven is startled to see Y/n behind him. 

"Woooah!" Steven cries as he falls over with the bike in hand. The girl finally turns her head towards Steven, who is sitting on top of his fallen bike. Embarrassed, Steven throws his helmet away and runs off screaming. "AHHH!!!"

"Steven wait!" Y/n calls out as he and the girl watch Steven run away. Y/n's brow furrows confused by what had just happened and he turns to Steven's knocked over bike and sighs. Y/n picks up the bike now as he prepares to try roll it back towards the beach house. He takes notice of the girl now who had returned to her book.

'Hmm? It's rare for anyone to come this far out on the beach...Could she be a friend of Stevens?" Y/n wonders.

Steven rushed through the beach house and slams the door behind him, panting. He then notices the Gems, who were watching through a window.

"Whaddup?" Steven says trying to be casual.

"Who were you talking to?" Pearl asks.

"Huh?" 

"That girl." Garnet clarifies.

"You saw?" Steven asks as he starts to blush with embarrassment. "She's just a girl I know, except she doesn't know me. We never talked."

Amethyst gasps. "You like her!" She says as she smushes Steven's face.

"Uhh... I like everyone..." Steven says before he pushes Amethyst's arms aside.

"Oh! Let's set up a play-date!" Pearl says excitedly. "I'll write up an invitation and work out a schedule. Oh! We'll have to find out her favorite kind of tea..."

"No." Garnet interrupts. "Just talk to her."

"Okay. But you guys can't watch this time! It'll mess up my funky flow." Steven says to the gems.