56. Message Received

The Crystal Gems are gathered around the drill they recently completed, while Peridot is nowhere to be found.

"How much longer 'till we can use the drill?" Amethyst asks.

"Well, with the new coordinates we got from the moon base, it should be ready to go. But we really should perform a few tests first." Pearl says.

Steven was stood nearby as he could see Y/n sat down on a makeshift seat looking glum. 

Steven moves away from the drill now as he heads over to Y/n.

Are you okay Y/n?" Steven asks.

Y/n just sighs. "I just thought that maybe with the more time Peridot spent here, The more she would find something to value in the Earth." 

Steven looks to the side as he sees Peridot sneaking into the barn 

"Back at the moon base. I saw Peridot taking something." Steven says to Y/n now.

"What did she take?" Y/n asks.

"I think it was the thing from the chair." Steven says.

"Then let's go find out what she's doing." Y/n says getting up. 

Peridot was in the barn as she fumbles with the prism she retrieved from the Moon Base but she quickly hides it behind her back when she sees Steven. "Oh! Steven."

"Peridot, I need to talk to you." Steven tells her.

"Uhhh, yeah! Sure!" Peridot says slightly confused as she follows Steven.

Steven and Peridot enter a truck that is parked inside the barn now.

"Why are we in this broken-down vehicle?" Peridot asks.

Steven continues to observe the prism Peridot is trying to hide.

"I wanted to ask you...about the Diamonds." Steven says to her.

"Oh!" Peridot immediately perks up. "I don't know what the others have told you, but there's a reason they're in charge."

"Why's that?" Steven asks.

"They're objectively better than us. Every Gem has their strengths and weaknesses, but not them. They're absolutely totally completely flawless beings! Especially my diamond, Yellow Diamond, the most perfect, the most reasonable, rational, efficient decider ever to exist in the universe!" Peridot says 

"You're really loyal to her, aren't you?" Steven asks.

"How could I not be?" Peridot says now. "We might have our little truce, but I'll never forsake the Gem I was made for!"

"That's good, because... she's right behind you!" Steven cries.

The sound of tapping is heard on the window behind Peridot and she jumps.

"WHAT?" Peridot cries as she turns around only to see it was Y/n who had knocked on the glass. Steven however uses her distraction to snatch the prism from her. He then exits the truck and locks Peridot inside.

"Ahh, no! Ahh!" Peridot screams.

"Save your strength! You're up against one of the earth's greatest trapping technologies: the child safety lock!" Steven tells her.

Peridot gasps and cowers in the truck. "Oh, no! How could you do this to me, the great and lovable Peridot?! I thought we were finally friends like you wanted..."