19. Ocean Gem

It was the next day and Steven and the Gems are in the Beach House discussing the previous events of the day before.

"... I'm grounded?" Steven asks the gems.

Pearl folds her arms "Yes, you're grounded!"

"You disobeyed an order." Garnet adds.

"And now we're gonna bury you 'til you've learned your lesson." Amethyst says as she holds up a shovel.

Steven panics. "Aah! That's not how grounding works! And If I'm grounded how am I going to be able to talk to Y/n about what happened?" Steven asks and the gems all look at each other with an unsure look.

The door of the house suddenly opens. The Crystal Gems turn to look and see Greg standing at the doorway, panting heavily.

"Dad?" Steven asks.

Greg was still breathing heavily. "Uh, you guys better come check this out." He says using his thumb to point behind him.

Greg had brought the Gems to the beach now as they can see the citizens of Beach City all gathered.

"W-w-wha?" Mayor Dewey was stammering as the  citizens of Beach City are gathered behind Mayor Dewey and murmuring worriedly.

"Wait. What the... Where did it go? Whoa!" They all murmured.

Amongst the citizens were Connie and Y/n who stood at the edge of the crowd with his arms crossed across his chest seemingly looking out into the distance at something.

Ronaldo takes a picture with his phone as it is now ,revealed that the entire ocean is gone, leaving various boats and ships stranding on the now-deserted ocean floor.

 "The ocean!" Steven cries in shock.

"Hey, it's those magical ladies!" Mayor Dewey yells into his megaphone. 

Y/n hears the gems being mentioned but he doesn't look at them instead his brow furrows.

 "What's going on here?!" Mayor Dewey asks Garnet still using the microphone.

"The ocean is gone, obviously." Garnet says bluntly.

"That's right. Now it's just a desert. No one wants to take a vacation to... Desert City! Aww, we're gonna lose all our summer business!" Mayor Dewey despairs as he falls to his knees.

"And all the beach babes! Awwww!" Lars cries in the background.

"Who's gonna buy my fries?" Mr Fryman asks.

"And my pizza!" Mr Pizza asks.

"Who's gonna have fun at Funland?" Mr Smiley interjects.

Mayor Dewey looks up at Garnet now and raises his megaphone. "As mayor, I DEMAND you explain this immediate..." Garnet slaps the megaphone out of the Mayor's hand. "...ly...."

"It was Lapis Lazuli." Garnet says.

Y/n looks at the gems with curiosity now when he hears the name Lapis.

"Lapis Lazuli?" Steven asks.

"She's the Gem you and Y/n released from the mirror." Pearl explains and she projects a hologram of Lapis with her gem.

The Beach City Citizens gasp and begin to murmur amongst themselves. "That's incredible. How did she do that?"

"But she's a Gem, just like us." Steven says not understanding why Lapis would take the ocean.