100. Raising The Barn

Happy 100 Chapters! 

Steven was sat on his bed looking in despair at a photo of Connie on the shelf in his room. He slumps against the wall and lies onto his bed, sighing in remorse.

"She'll call when she's ready. For now, you just have to let go." Steven says to himself as he lifts himself up and keeps his phone. He then hops off his bed and glances at his ukulele by his bed.

Steven was making his way out onto the beach, dragging his ukulele across the sand. When he looks up to see Y/n heading towards the temple.

"Hey Steven." Y/n says to him.

"Hi Y/n." Steve says as Y/n follows him as the two make their way over to the hand statue sticking out in the sand and sit in the shade under it. Steven then looks up into the sky and starts strumming his ukulele.

"Still no reply from Connie?" Y/n asks.

"No..." Steven sighs deeply. ♪ I wish I could tell you that I... ♪

Steven's phone suddenly starts buzzing, interrupting his song, and Steven, startled, screams as he fumbles to take his phone out of his pocket.

"Okay, Universe. This is it! Connie's finally ready to talk. No expectations. Just let her say what she needs to say!" Steven says to himself as he looks down at his phone, only to realize that it is actually Peridot who is video-calling him. Steven sighs in dismay and answers her call.

"Steven!" Peridot cheerfully chuckles as Lapis comes into frame as well. "It's us!"

"Hey you two." Y/n says moving into frame beside Steven now.

"Y/n! Perfect this saves us from making a second call." Peridot says.

"Hi, Peridot. Hi, Lapis." Steven says now.

"Don't forget Pumpkin!" Peridot says holding up Pumpkin and she barks excitedly.

Y/n just chuckles. "and of course Pumpkin too!"

Peridot turns to Lapis. "I told you he'd answer."

"It's so good to see you both. I'm glad you're okay." Lapis says.

"Lapis was worried you lost your phone on Homeworld, but I said, "No way! He's probably just ignoring us." Peridot says.

Steven blushes. "Sorry, guys." He says feeling a little bad.  "There's been... a lot going on."

"Like what? Tell us!" Peridot says excitedly

"Well, Connie's really mad at me..." Steven begins.

"No, no, no, no. Tell us about space!" Periodt interupts him.

"And start from the beginning." Lapis adds.

"Uhh, ok. I was trying to protect Beach City, so I surrendered myself to Homeworld, We got taken on a ship and Y/n got knocked out so he was taken with me and I was put in a big, empty room, and then we ended up on trial in front of the Diamonds!"

"On trial?!" Lapis cries.

"What?" Peridot says shocked herself. 

"In front of the Diamonds?!" Lapis asks suddenly on edge.

"Yeah, and...

"You were in front of Blue Diamond?!" Lapis asks as she stares at the screen stressed.

"And Yellow. I shouted at them." Y/n shrugs.