90. Lion 4: Alternate Ending

Steven was sitting in his bedroom watching the videotape his mom left for him on his TV.

"Steven, we can't both exist." Rose says on the TV. "I'm going to become half of you. And I need you to know that every moment you love being yourself, that's me, loving you and loving being you... because you're going to be something extraordinary. You're going to be..."

The tape stops and begins to rewind, replaying the part twice when Rose says "You're going to be something extraordinary" two times, before Steven writes it down on his notepad.

"Extraordinary... experience." Steven says to himself when the sound of the beach house door opening sounds.

"Hey Steven." Y/n voice is heard and Steven looks to the side to see Y/n entering the beach house.

Lion is seen playing with a crumbled ball of paper on Steven's bed, as he begins to groom himself.

"Is that the tape your mom left behind?" Y/n asks noticing her image on the TV.

Steven nods as he holds up his notepad now. "I think I've got something." Steven clears his throat to get Y/n and Lion's attention. "So, this time, I put together the first letter of the first word of every sentence. It spells ittaisiaby."

Steven glances back at Lion, who continues to groom himself and remains inattentive

"It might not sound like much, but if you rearrange those letters, it says "Bait it I say," or "I stay a bit," or "I bitty Asia."

Y/n and Lion who hears Steven's hypothesis, quickly disregard it.

"Well..." Steven sighs. "I bitty Asia" could mean something. Maybe I'm supposed to go back to Asia? And... bite something?"

"I...don't think that's right Steven." Y/n says and Lion yawns lying down on Steven's bed. 

Steven sighs again and puts his notepad down and ejects the VHS tape. "There has to be a clue somewhere. Mom says she wanted to have me. But, that must mean there's a reason. There has to be something I was meant to do. My magical Gem destiny."

Before Y/n can say anything however Lion starts to gag on Steven's bed.

"See, this is why Dad stopped you staying with us Lion." Y/n tells him.

"Come on, Lion. I need you to focus here." Steven says but Lion keeps gagging, on the verge of retching. "No, no, no! Lion, at least do it on the floor!" Steven pleads.

Lion coughs up something, with liquid splattering, to Steven's displeasure and Y/n's disgust.

"Why is it always on the bed?" Steven sighs

"Steven...is that a..." Y/n begins to ask. "Has this been in Lion the whole time..."

Steven just gasps as he notices that Lion had coughed up a large pink key.

"Magical hair-ball destiny." Steven says when Lion retches one more time, coughing up a half-eaten Crystal Basilisk.

"Eww... That's gross Lion." Y/n comments.

Y/n had helped Steven clean up the mess on his bed and Steven had turned his attention on the cleaned key.

"Right. Anyway. This key. Mom must have wanted you to give this to me now. What does it open? Hmm... Oh! Hey, Lion."