48. Sadie's Song

Another Beach-a-Palooza is being set up on the beach as the excited residents of Beach City were helping to set it up.

Y/n was helping Steven hand out flyers for the music festival to the citizens of Beach City on the boardwalk. 

"I can't believe It's time for Beach-a Palooza again!" Steven says excited.

"Yeah, that year went by really quick." Y/n says.

"Are you going to perform in this one like you did last year?" Steven asks excited.

"I've been thinking about it. Although I'm kind of nervous too. My dad said he was going to come check it out this time." Y/n says undecided.

Steven just grin as they makes their way to the Big Donut, when Lars is just leaving the shop.

Steven spots him as he takes a flyer out of his hand. "Here you are, s... my Lars. " 

Lars just walks away, ignoring Steven. "Uh, I'll just leave it here for you!" Steven places the flyer on the ground.

"Why don't we just give one to Sadie instead?" Y/n suggests.

Y/n and Steven enter the donut shop now.

"Sadie, my lady, I was wondering if I could hang one of these Beach-a-Palooza flyers in..." Steven asks but he and Y/n find that Sadie is not at the counter. "Sadie? Sadie?"

Steven hears music coming from the break room and peeks in to inspect. He then sees Sadie stacking boxes on shelves, dancing on a stool while singing along to 'Haven't You Noticed I'm a Star' playing on a stereo nearby.

 ♫ I can't help it if I make a scene,  Stepping out of my hot pink limousine. 

 I'm turning heads, and I'm stopping traffic.

 When I pose, they scream, and when I joke, they laugh. ♫

Steven is in awe at Sadie's performing capability while Y/n smiles and starts tapping his foot.

♫ I've got a pair of eyes that they're getting lost in, 

 They're hypnotized by the way I'm walking,  I've got them dazzled like a stage magician, 

 When I point, they look, and when I talk, they listen, well ♫

Steven bounces on the spot along to Sadie's singing.

♫ Everybody needs a friend,  And I've got you and you and you. 

 So many, I can't even name them,  Can you blame me? I'm too famous...♫

"Yeah, woo-hoo!" Steven claps as he startles Sadie and she turns to see Steven and Y/n. "Yeah, that was amazing! Woo-hoo-hoo, awesome!" Steven continues to cheer.

Sadie throws a box away, flustered. "No, I.. I was just..I wasn't, uh. "Sadie stammers as she turns off the stereo. "Ah!"

"I didn't know you could sing Sadie." Y/n says to her now.

"Nobody does." Sadie says as she sweats anxiously. "So, um, do you guys need something?"

Steven then remembers what they were there for. "Oh! we're just going around helping Mr. Smiley hand out flyers for Beach-a-Palooza this year." He then gasps as he gets an idea. "You should sign up!"