54. Steven's Birthday

Funnily enough it is also my Birthday this weekend, what timing. :P 

The Crystal Gems are preparing decorations for Steven's birthday. Amethyst is blowing balloons, Pearl is making a ribbon bow, Y/n was putting up bunting and Steven is helping Garnet make a banner.

"I can't believe it's finally my birthday. You're sure it's okay we're taking a break from the drill?" Steven asks.

"Peridot will keep us on schedule." Pearl says.

At that moment Peridot who was wearing welding goggles and carrying some scrap exits the barn. 

"Yo, Peri! You sure you don't want to get in on this?" Amethyst asks as she blows up a balloon that looks like Peridot and it pops. Peridot glares, puts on her welding goggles and disappears around the corner of the barn.

"We should celebrate our progress. We should celebrate your progress. You and Y/n have grown a lot this year." Garnet says.

"They certainly have." Pearl chimes.

"Plus it's your birthday Steven, When else is there a better time to take a break." Y/n tells him.

"Yeah. Yeah, I guess so!" Steven smiles.

A car horn is then heard, as Greg's Van arrives. The passenger side door opens and exiting it wearing a red party dress and a floppy sun hat was Connie clutching a suitcase.

"Steven!" Connie cries as she puts her suitcase down.

"Connie!" Steven cheers happy to see her.

"Happy birthday!" Connie cries as she runs up to hug Steven.

"Thanks. Welcome to the party!" Steven greets her. "May I offer you... a refreshment?" He pulls out two juice boxes from behind him.

 "Oh, Steven! How genteel." Connie says.

"Clink!" Steven and Connie say in unison as they pats their juice boxes together.

Y/n walks up to the two now. 

"Hi Y/n." Connie greets him.

"Hey Connie. Nice you could join us for this little guy's birthday." Y/n says back. "Why don't you two go have some fun and I'll help Greg with your stuff in the van." Y/n offers.

"Oh, Thank you." Connie says and Y/n just puts his hand up as he walks past the two and to the van where he greets Greg.

"So, this is the barn!" Steven points it out to Connie now. "I'm surprised your parents are letting you stay for the weekend."

Connie chuckles. "It wasn't easy. They'd only let me come after equipping me with every piece of safety gear on the planet."

"What should I do with this defibrillator!?" Greg calls out to Connie as he pulls a defibrillator out of the back of the van and Y/n looks at it surprised.

Connie blushes embarrassed. "Um, we can just leave it in the car for now!"

Steven giggles. "Well, I'm glad you could make it."

"Me too." Connie smiles.

"Alright, move it Connie, I was his best friend first." Greg jokes as he appear with Y/n now. "Happy birthday!" Greg says as he hugs Steven tightly. "Ooookay, schtu-bal. Let me get a look at you."

"Daaad!" Steven whines embarrassed.

"Sorry, I just can't believe my little boy is growing up so quickly." Greg comments as  Seems like just yesterday you were a baby, and now you're turning fourteen years old.