99. Gemcation

Steven is sitting on a chair outside of the car wash, reading his own texts while texting on his phone.

'Hey, Connie. How are you today?' 'Hope everything's going okay.' 'It'd be cool if you told me it was...' 'I guess I miss you.' 'I know yesterday I said, "I guess" but I mean, I do miss you...' 'Hope you didn't get your phone mixed up with a tennis ball. Ha ha.' "A tennis ball? Really, Universe?! " Steven sighs.

"Help! Ah! Yah! Back!" Greg is then seen struggling to remove a water hose that is tangled around himself. "Ugh! Hey, uh, Steve-aroni, ughh, want to help your old Pa over here?" Greg calls out.

"Uh, yeah, Dad, one sec." Steven says back. He reluctantly sends a final text to Connie, reading 'Please talk to me."

" Sorry. Sorry. I'm on it." Steven runs up to Greg and bites off a piece of the hose, freeing Greg.

Steven grunts." Are you good? Are you safe? Do you still love me?"

"Yeah, of- of course, buddy. It's just some hoses. I can buy new ones. I still have like... 9 million dollars left, and what better way to spend that than on some hoses, right, kiddo?" Greg chuckles.

"Yeah, Dad." Steven's cellphone vibrates and he gasps in shock. He holds out his phone and reluctantly checks it, only to see a text from Ronaldo.

'STEVEEEN! So. Did you ever get around to watching the "Koala Princess" box set I lent you three months ago?' The text reads and Steven sighs in dismay.

"Hey, is... everything okay? You're looking a little glum." Greg asks Steven

"I am a little glum." Seven replies.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Greg asks.

"Umm... It's just... space lag... from when I went to space." Steven says as he walks off.

"Hmm..." Greg says not believing Steven and he takes out his phone and dials a number. He waits for a moment until he hears a voice on the other line.

"Hello?" The voice says.

"Hey Paul It's me, Greg." Greg says.

"Oh Greg What can I do for you?" Y/n's dad asks.

"Well I was just wondering, has Y/n talked to you about anything that happened to him and Steven?" Greg asks. 

Y/n dad however just sighs. "No, He hasn't said anything about it all. He seems alright mostly but I catch him brooding sometimes too."

"Y/n too huh?" Greg says. "Maybe we could take the two away to help them relax." Greg suggests.

"Hmm you mean like a vacation?" Y/n's dad asks. "I do have some holiday days I could use and I   suppose it would be nice to take a break. Especially considering how close we came to losing them... Alright, If you find a place then send me the bill for Y/n and I's share and I will cover it." Y/n's dad says.

"Oh come on now Paul just me cover the bill. I still feel terrible that Y/n got taken along with Steven." Greg says.

"Greg, That wasn't your fault. I get that these gems are some kind of alien race and that Y/n is on the rebels side. I think? But Y/n is a young adult now and he's old enough to make his own decisions. I can't blame you or anyone else for the actions that follow." Y/n dad says.

Greg just sighs. "They grow up so fast don't they? I remember when Steven was my Schtu-ball, now he's become my little man." 

"Yeah they do..." Y/n dad chuckles in agreement. "Let me know once you found a decent place and I'll let Y/n know what's happening."