79. Last one out of Beach City

I chose not to do Buddy's book as it more of a flashback episode and Mindful Education is an important storyline for Steven and Connie so I wanted to leave it as it was.

Pearl and Steven are attempting to piece together a puzzle in the living room, while Y/n sits down near them watching.  Amethyst, shapeshifted into a ball, is bouncing rapidly and excitedly in the house, shaking the table and puzzle pieces.

"Amethyst..." Pearl sighs frustrated.

"Do you mind not bouncing so much?"  Steven asks her,

Amethyst shapeshifts back to normal landing on the floor. "Oof! Uh, sorry. I'm just super excited. Greg is taking me and Y/n to a show!"

"A show?" Steven says. "You mean like at the..." Steven then puts on a fake British accent. "Theater?" He asks.

"No, like at a..." Amethyst then puts on a fake British accent as well. "Rock show! Ha! Like a band!"

"Well really we're just going to a house, with a bunch of people who are going to be hanging out, listening to music and doing stuff." Y/n clarifies.

"Oh man, that sounds cool!" Steven says sounding impressed. "We have an awesome night planned, too! We're doing a puzzle."

"Wowee." Amethyst replies unenthusiastically.

"I know it sounds tame. But it has 612 pieces. And no corners!" Pearl tries to say.

"Umm you guys know that most puzzles are supposed to have corners ...right?" Y/n asks them.

Steven looks at the pieces now and picks up a corner puzzle piece. "Y/n's right I...found a corner." He says to Pearl.

"Oh!" Pearl says before she looks down at the puzzle and gets disappointed. "Oh..."

Greg enters the house now. "Hey, y'all!"

"Greg, Greg, Greg, Greg!" Amethyst says excitedly.

"So, you ready to throw down in the pit?" Y/n asks him.

"No pits for me tonight." Greg says sounding disappointed. "I'm sorry, Amethyst, it totally slipped my mind that Barb invited me and Vidalia over for cards."

"Cards?! Ugh, who broke you guys out of the retirement home?" Amethyst says.

"Trust me, I'd love to go to the show! But Barb threatened to hold my mail if I didn't." Greg says before he looks into the distance. "She is not a woman of empty threats."

"Ugh, man, forget it." Amethyst says as she flops down on the couch near Y/n.

"You could hang out with us tonight." Pearl suggests now.

"And do a puzzle?" Amethyst asks unimpressed. "Ha, maybe we could fit in some knitting, too." Amethyst then jokes.

Pearl blushes slightly. "That's... not what I meant. We could... go to the show... with you and Y/n."  She suggests.

"Really?" Steven excitedly asks.

"Wha?!" Amethsyt stammers shocked. "You wanna go to a show, with loud music and people pushing each other?" She asks as she playfully pushes Pearl's arm.

"I've done my fair share of... pushing." Pearl says as she gently pushes Amethyst's arm back

Amethyst grips her arm in pretend pain. "Ooh, I think it's broken!"