86. That Will be All

Steven and Greg are captured by an Amethyst guard, as she enters a room and drops the two of them on the floor.

"These the ones?" They hear her ask and look up and find themselves in a room full of several Quartz guards, laughing at them intimidatingly.

"Steven! Greg!" 

The Quartz guards step to the sides, revealing Amethyst being held down by an Amethyst guard.

Amethyst groans. "They found me out!"

"Amethyst!" Steven cries worried.

"You won't believe what I've been through. These Amethysts, they're really, really... great!" Amethyst laughs.

"What?!" Steven cries confused.

Amethyst and the Quartz guards begin laughing aloud altogether.

"Your faces!" The guard who had brought them in says.

The guard holding Amethyst lets go of her now. "You were right! That was priceless!"

Amethyst runs over and hugs Steven. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I had to!" She chuckles. "What are you wearing? Greg! This is a good look for you."

"What is going on?" Steven says unable to comprehend what just happened.

"These Amethysts, they're all from Earth! They're from the Prime Kindergarten! Wait! Hey, 8XL!" Amethyst calls out.

"Yeah?" 8XL responds.

"You guys, I'm an 8!" Amethyst tells Steven and Greg now before she turns to the other Amethysts. "Tell 'em. Tell 'em!"

"The Amethyst under me never popped out! We're all waiting, and...pfft. Nothing." 8XL says.

"I'm 8XM! Facet-5, Cut-8XM- that's me!" Amethyst says excited. "This is 8XG, this is 8XH."

"I'm J." 8XJ corrects her.

"Ah, geez! Sorry! I'm worse than Holly Blue!" Amethyst says.

"Aren't we all?" 8XJ jokes and the Amethysts all start laughing together.

"Prime, prime, prime. You Amethysts are so cliquey." A skinny-looking gem says to the side of them.

"Skinny's a Jasper! There are Gems here from the Beta Kindergarten, too! Hey, where's Carnelian?" Amethyst asks.

"Celebrating." Skinny Jasper says.

"I'm not the shortest anymore!" Carnelian lifts Amethyst up and runs around the room with her, while they both laugh.

"This is unreal." Greg comments.

"Hey! Please, if you don't mind me asking, we really need your help." Steven addresses them all. "We came in with My friends Y/n, Sapphire, Ruby, and Pearl. We've gotta find them and get them out of..."

The door into the room behind Steven suddenly opens up, revealing Holly Blue, Sapphire, Ruby and Pearl standing in the doorway, and Steven and Greg quickly run away to hide.

"I'll only be a moment." Holly Blue says to Sapphire as she enters the room the door closing behind her, The Quartz guards all stand in attention, as Steven and Greg hide behind one of them.

"What are you all doing in here?!" Holly Blue cries as she grabs a Quartz by it's leg and pulls her to the floor. "Get to your stations! Even you hideous off-color Betas! Get out of your cubbies and into your places! It's the least you can do for the Diamond that kept you worthless sorry Gems in service! That's right. Blue is back already! Now go pretend your filthy vein of Quartz is capable of gratitude! Go, go, go!"