67. Beach City Drift

Steven is seen sitting inside a car, wearing sunglasses and monologuing to himself. "They told me there wasn't enough room on the road for the universe. And I told them, the universe is my road."

Steven shifts the gears in the car, steps down on the accelerator pedal, and pretends to drive the car. "Vroom, vroom!"

Connie starts knocking the window of the car. "Steven? Steven?"

Steven lowers the window and takes off his sunglasses. "Oh, hey, Connie!" Steven says and he gets out the car. "Thanks for letting me practice, Dad. This car's great! But I think it might be too small to live in."

Stood nearby were Y/n and Greg.

"Ah, the van's still home sweet home. I just thought now that I'm swimming in dough, why not get a new car?" Greg says.

"A new car? But it's got this big "Used" sticker on it." Connie says.

"I like to think of it as more experienced than used." Greg says as he takes out another sticker, reading "Dad On Board", and pastes it over the "Used" sticker

"Well the Dondai is definitely a car with experience." Y/n says.

"Dondai?" Connie asks.

"This baby's a Dondai Supremo from the era of frosted tips, mood rings, slap bracelets." Greg says to them now. 

Steven and Connie just stare at Greg cluelessly.

"You know, before you kids were born." Greg then elaborates. "I'm surprised you know about it though Y/n."

"My dad likes cars, what can I say?" Y/n chuckles.

"What a time to be alive." Connie comments.

"I've had my eye on the Dondai since way back when." Greg says as he begins showing Steven, Y/n and Connie a series of photos of a younger him next to a brand new Dondai. "I loved that car. I wanted that car." Connie, Y/n and Steven look at the photos awkwardly as they reveal the younger Greg "making out" with the car and then getting apprehended by security. Greg then toss all the photos away.

"Also, these things are crazy on the road." Greg says as he gets in the car. "Front wheel suspension, tons of ponies. But best of all... It has a tape deck!" Greg inserts a tape into the tape deck and chill music begins to play.

 Greg starts air-guitaring, and Steven and Connie giggle together. 

"Well I'm on the clock so might as well get busy." Y/n says as he picks up a nearby sponge now.

Connie and Steven then pick up sponges and start help Y/n with cleaning the Dondai, 

Steven goes to dip his sponge in a bucket when he notices the water in a bucket rippling. He looks up and see a yellow-colored sports car approaching, playing loud rock music. Greg,   Steven and Connie gasp in shock as the sports car drifts and skids in front of the car wash, causing Steven and Connie to cough from the dust clouds created. The car window lowers, revealing Kevin to be the driver.

"Give me a wash, old man." Kevin rudely says.

"Uh, right away, young man." Greg says as he picks a sponge and runs towards Kevin's car.

"Who is that?" Y/n asks annoyed by the rudeness of Kevin.

"Kevin...!" Steven answers as he squeezes his sponge in fury

Greg begins scrubbing the sports car when Kevin talks on his phone. "I didn't say iron the socks. I said I want my socks pressed." He then turns to Greg. "Whoa.. Wait, wait. Careful with the tires, Grandpa. I got a big race today, and my car has to look as beautiful as me." He winks.