FORTY SEVEN.

I'M DRAGGED ACROSS THE FLOOR, NOW FACING SANTIAGO RATHER THAN BEING NEXT HIM

Shane now stands behind Santiago, a malicious smile pulling at his lips.

"Don't do this." I thrash forward, only to be held back by someones strong arms "I'll stay here, just let him go!" I yell out to Shane.

He shakes his head and he looks at me with faux disappointment.

"You are going to stay here anyways, Sienna. This is the consequence of your actions." He seethes, placing the blame unto my shoulders, something I don't completely disagree with.

If I hadn't blindly trusted his words and left Volterra, Santiago would not have come after me, and he would not be forced on his knees, preparing to be taken from this world. 

My heart hurts. Along with Alec, Santiago and I have a bond, he's my best friend. And to know I'm responsible for his demise makes my stomach churn and my heart squeeze itself uncomfortably.

Hot tears stream down my face. "Just let him go!" I yell, though it comes out as more of a whimper.

At that moment, Shane places his hands underneath Santiagos jaw, the men whom hold him down tighten their grips on his shoulders.

Choked sobs leave my throat as I'm forced to witness his death. Completely powerless.

Santiagos eyes meet mine. More tears spill out of my waterline like a dam that was just destroyed. "I'm sorry." I breathe out.

His face relaxes and his eyes slip shut. And then his head begins to crack, until it is gone from his shoulders. And I feel like some invisible string has been cut with a pair of sharp scissors. It hurts.

His body falls forwards and his head is dropped next to it, then is set ablaze by Ren with the woosh of fire. The smell of smoke and sweetness fills my nose and I feel nauseous.

"Take her away." Shane orders.

I'm pulled up to my feet and pushed forward, my arms still pinned behind my back. I allow the person, who isn't Ethan anymore, to lead me out into a hallway with peeling paint and grimy floors.

The image of Santiagos head being pulled off of his shoulders replays in my mind like its set on loop, continuously spinning and playing. I want to scream. I want to cry until my eyes burn and my throat is raw.

I take a deep breath and try to gather my scattered thoughts.

One thing I know for certain, is that I have to get out of here, now.