NINETEEN.

ALEC PULLS THE DOOR SHUT BEHIND HIS BACK, listening as Sienna's feet patter across the floor of her bedroom

He hears the window slide open and Sienna crawl back into bed. He leans against her door, his eyebrows furrowed with worry.

His job was to stand outside of Sienna's room and make sure nothing happens to her, that's just what he was doing when he heard the muffled sobs erupt from her bedroom.

At first, he was bewildered, not knowing what the hell was going on, but then it all clicked together and he hurriedly went to check on her. He was trying to be as noiseless as possible but the old door decided to creek and it caught Sienna's attention.

He knew she wasn't fine, and even she herself admitted to that. Alec is now trying to decide on if he should go and show Aro what had happened, or let Sienna talk to him in the morning like she said she would.

He doesn't want to keep anything from the masters, but he also doesn't want Sienna to be upset if he does tell them.

He sighs and pushes off of the door. To upset the masters would be disastrous and knowing Caius, Alec may end up finding himself beheaded. But making Sienna uncomfortable doesn't sound joyous to him either, he feels a connection to her that he can't explain.

But with Sienna he can just apologize and hope she understands and forgives him. The masters are too... unpredictable.

He nods to himself and takes off down the hallway in a blur, he completely ignores the elevator and uses a narrow flight of stairs that lead underground.

He slows down to a quick walk once he enters into the lobby area, passing the empty desk that the receptionist would normally be occupying if it wasn't nearly three in the morning.

Standing outside of the grand doors is Felix, who looks at the younger boy with confusion. "I thought you were supposed to be keeping an eye on Sienna?"

Alec nods, "I was, but I need to speak with the masters. Can you take my place, please?"

"Is something wrong?" Felix pushes away from the wall.

Alec steps closer to the large set of heavy doors and shakes his head, "Not terribly, but it's still important."

"Okay." Felix leaves, evanescing from the modern lobby in the blink of an eye.

Alec can hear the kings murmuring tranquilly, their voices so silent that Alec can hardly hear them. He idles in front of the door, nervously picking at the hem of his long sleeve. It's never a fun task to interrupt the masters when they're discussing things, especially after they have made it clear to leave them be.