TWENTY NINE.

A GREAT BUNCH OF GREEN PINE TREES CLUSTERED INTO A FOREST COVERS THE LAND BELOW THE JET SOARING THROUGH THE CLOUD FILLED SKY

Sienna stares down through the tiny window, her eyes bright from the dull, grey sky.

Everybody sits silent next to her, the kings especially.

Irina Denali tries to keep her golden eyes from locking onto the human woman, but she often fails.

Irina happens to be staring at Sienna when the human reaches over and places a hand on Aro's, noticeably relaxing the previously tensed king.

"You know, I've never been to America." Sienna states out of nowhere, looking away from the vast forest landscape.

Marcus smiles at her, "You've never been to America?"

Sienna her head, "Nope, I was raised in France, I don't know where I was born, but I'm certain it wasn't America."

Aro chuckles, "Raised in France and cannot speak French." He laughs more at the irony.

"You cannot speak French? Though born in France? Really?" Caius asks, watching as Sienna shakes her head.

Sienna rests her head on the leather seat she sits at, "No, I really can't."

"Quel dommage, le français est une langue glorieuse !" Aro exclaims in French, smirking as Sienna rolls her eyes at him.

"Stronzo." Sienna mutters under her breath, earning a laugh from Caius—the sound startles Irina; never would she have previously expected to hear a laugh emit from the fiercely terrifying king.

"How did you learn that word, tesoro?" Marcus asks, just as amused as Caius is, but he doesn't let on.

Sienna laughs, and Irina observes that everyone who sits in the plane lightens up at the joyous tune, "Caius taught me."

Marcus bores into Caius with a disapproving look burned onto his face, "Caius, why?"

Caius shrugs, "She desired to know."

Sienna just smiles sweetly at Marcus when he looks her way.

Irina cannot help but notice the double standards as she watches this unfold, the Volturi keep a human with them, breaking one of their own laws, but her close cousins are prosecuted? While she understands that the law her family broke is much more heinous than traveling with a human, she still finds it quite unfair.

She wrings her pale, slender fingers together, anxiety runs through her dead veins like poison. She keeps trying to convince herself that she had done the right thing, but a part of her, deep down, feels as though she had made a grave mistake.

Can Irina be blamed, though? She herself doesn't believe so, after seeing her mothers body be engulfed in flames after her treacherous act, she cannot believe that her vegetarian kin would do the same, it hurts her soul to even try and understand why they would commit such a crime.