THIRTY FIVE.

FLUFFY CLOUDS SWIRL AROUND THE BRIGHT BLUE SKY

I watch them with such intensity you'd think I was staring at the Mona Lisa or something.

"How long has it been?" I speak, keeping my eyes pointed up and head laid flat on the freshly cut grass.

"Like, twenty minutes?" Santiago answers, he sounds just as bored as me.

"Really?" I huff. "How long did they say they were gonna be?"

"They didn't really specify. I'm assuming they'll be a while, though; there's lots to catch up on." Santiago tells me.

"I'm glad they're talking, really, but I'm so bored." I groan. "The sky can only be so interesting."

"We could go to the game room." Santiago suggests.

I grimace. "I don't really feel like running fake people over."

"Well, what do you feel like doing?" Santiago asks, looking down at me with his eyebrows scrunched together.

"Something, I don't know... ooh, let's go to the dungeons!" I jokingly put the idea out, definitely not expecting Santiago to actually look like he's considering it.

His head tilts to the side and his lips purse. "Wait—you're actually thinking about it?" I ask, sitting all the way up to face him.

"Pshh—no, definitely not!" He denies.

I squint my eyes and point my finger at him. "You so were!"

Santiago rolls his eyes. "Hardly."

"We so should, though!" I boost myself up to my feet. "It sounds exciting, doesn't it?"

Santiago stays sat on the grass, he glares up at me and shakes his head. "It won't be exciting when the Kings light me on fire for letting you down there."

"Even if it's my idea?"

"Yeah, dude. Its dangerous, sorry."

"Dangerous?" I scoff. "I assume the vampires down there are locked up, right? Plus—you'll be there! Are you telling me you can't stop a weak, hungry vampire?" I poke fun, lightly smirking when Santiago begins to look offended.

He pushes his lips into a line and stares at me for a few seconds. "I see what you're trying to do. It won't work."

"It's okay to be afraid." I shrug sympathetically. "I understand."