FORTY TWO.

AT EXACTLY 5:30 AM, SIENNA IS STANDING DOWNSTAIRS IN THE INFAMOUS TRAINING ROOM

Her eyes take in the familiar surroundings, its been so long since shes been in here, yet she can remember everything perfectly.

Despite hating being back home, a part of her is excited to use her power again. Its a natural part of her, and she actually quite missed using it as often as she did, though the circumstances could be a thousand times better.

She taps her foot on the floor, awaiting Shanes arrival. He said they had some things to discuss, and shes nervous as to what it may be. Will he interrogate her about her time in Italy? She hopes not, because trying to ignore her emotions is already hard enough without having to recount all of her memories.

A door creaks open and in walks Shane, an unusually pale man following behind him, his red eyes bouncing around the room, Sienna furrows her eyebrows—its a vampire. Of course. The pair comes to a stop in front of Sienna.

"You're here, good. Before we start your training, again, we have to speak about something." Sienna nods as he speaks, wanting him to hurry and get on with whatever he has to say. "In a few months, we're going to Volterra to finish the job you couldn't do." Sienna feels her heart sink. She wants more than anything to go back to the Volturi, but not not in the way she hoped. She'll now be coming back to possibly take the lives of her friends. "We'll need your help. I assume you know the route of their home?"

"Yes." Sienna responds hoarsely, her throat suddenly feels very dry. She tries to keep her expression indifferent, void of any emotion or concern.

"Ren has been training exceptionally hard and her power is the most useful, so she will be leading the way. You and other others will protect her." Ren is now the trophy fighter it seems like to Sienna, and she wonders how Ren feels about it—she was the one who pointed out the bullshit of everything years ago, so what changed? "She was difficult to teach at first, but with enough discipline she's been wonderful." Shane smiles wickedly and Sienna feels sick but stays silent. "I want you to train with Ethan here today," The vampire standing behind Shane perks up. "you need to learn how to fight against vampires, because clearly you don't know how to."

Sienna feels her face beginning to morph into an expression of anger; wasn't it his fault that she didn't succeed at her mission? He hardly told her anything about the place she was going blindly into. If she wasn't magically destined to be with the kings, she'd be dead because of his inability to tell her important facts. "Okay, sir." Is all she says, despite the anger swirling inside of her.

Shane eyes her once before leaving the room, his footsteps thudding harshly against the thick floor as he exits.

Sienna takes a deep breath and shakes her head. "So, Ethan... are we sparring or am I using my power on you?" She asks the rigid vampire.