THIRTY.

SIENNAS POV

SIENNAS POV.

"ARO, PLEASE STOP BLAMING YOURSELF FOR WHAT HAPPENED." Or what didn't happen, rather.

Aro doesn't respond, instead he continues to stare down at the floor, his raven hair canopying over his face and blocking me from seeing what expression it is holding.

The fire crackles in the fireplace, filling the void of silence, taking over for Aro's lack of noises.

I sigh and stare at him, my hand gently placed on the back of his neck, I wait for him to speak, or move, or even make the slightest noise.

He's been quiet since we arrived home three hours ago, he completely shut down after telling me everything that had happened at the Cullen trial.

He blames himself for the outcome he had seen in a vision he was shown—the outcome in which I died, along with he and his brothers, the twins, Demetri, Santiago, Felix...

Aro had told me that this all would have happened if he pushed for a fight, something he had planned on starting no matter what.

"I'm a terrible person who nearly killed you, Sienna, if I hadn't changed my decision, you would be dead, as would my brothers and I." He had said on the plane with black, sullen eyes.

"I wanted a fight, I had my mind set on finding a way to start something with anybody, I would have done it if Alice hadn't shown me what she did, I would have ended all of us." At this point, his voice was hardly above a whisper and guilt could be heard in his voice.

I tried telling him that he didn't start a fight, that he came to his senses and we're all still alive, but he stopped responding.

Caius and Marcus had tried speaking to him, as well, but he stayed silent for the rest of the flight.

When we landed, he finally moved, but only to run the rest of the way home, not even turning to look at his brothers and I.

I found him sitting in the lounge when we finally arrived, he was just like he is now, except it was dark when I discovered him. I started a fire and sat next to him, I've tried reassuring him numerous times, but he stays still and quiet like a statue.

I stare at the side of his head, my heart aching at his silence. I know how it feels to hold so much guilt that it leaves you unable to move or speak, hell, sometimes it still hits me and leaves me silent and frozen.

"You're lucky Caius and Marcus had to go to court, because Caius was planning on storming in here and slapping you out of it." I faintly smile at the memory of Caius telling Marcus and I of his plan, "He's worried, though."