FORTY ONE.

"WE'RE JUST LETTING HER LEAVE?" Caius asks, his voice loud and pained

"WE'RE JUST LETTING HER LEAVE?" Caius asks, his voice loud and pained. Hes angry, but his heart is also aching and he doesn't know what to do, which only fuels his anger.

"We can't force her to stay, Caius." Aro answers. Much like Caius, Aros heart is full of pain, but instead of anger, hes confused. Never has Siennas even considered leaving, her mind has always assured the opposite, and she has always been completely certain that she never wanted to return to the place she had come from. He could have checked her mind before she left, but he wasn't going to without her permission and she never gave it, so he really never had the chance.

Marcus stays silent and continues to stare at Siennas crest. It smells of her and the scent swims around his head. Frankly, he doesn't know how to feel. Sienna left, but she didn't die so does he mourn her absence or just tell himself she'll be back, despite what she said? Does he feel angry that she left everything she had here to go back to the place she ran from, just like Caius? Or does he feel confused as to where all of this had come from, like Aro?

"She can't just leave!" Caius argues. "If she goes and never comes back, what will happen to us? To her?"

"Not being near your true mate for prolonged periods of time will... be catastrophic." Marcus breathes the answer. When Didyme was taken from him, he was left stoic and nothing but a vessel for broken thoughts, and she was only a small piece that his soul had grown attached to. With Sienna being gone, the person whom owns his soul, it will not end well and he knows that. "For everyone involved."

"What will we do?" Caius asks anyone who has an answer. Being away from Sienna, without seeing her, breathing her scent, or without even touching her skin will cause them to wither away. And it will cause Sienna to weaken, eventually taking its toll on her heart. Caius is more worried about her than he is himself, he may be angry but he will always worry about her. Even if she did practically tear his heart out of his chest and stomp on it. "She and us will die if we never see her again, correct?"

Marcus nods. "Correct." Theres a long moment of silence. "But we can't force her back, and we cannot force her to stay. This was her decision and we must respect it. Maybe, years in the future, she'll come back. Fate is strong, perhaps it will compel her back." Marcus isn't placing any bets on that happening, but he hopes to be proved wrong.

Caius shakes his head but doesn't respond. Suddenly, he doesn't know what to do with himself—not one of them do. Usually, if they weren't burdened with court, they'd be with Sienna. But now? There is no Sienna to be with.

Caius starts walking towards the door. "Where are you going?" Aro asks with a deep sigh.

"Hunting." He answers while exiting the room.

𝐒𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐔𝐄, 𝐯𝐨𝐥𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐢 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara