SIXTEEN.

I ALMOST DON'T WANT TO OPEN MY EYES AND have to throw the heavy blankets that smell of some fancy cologne off of my body, but I know I should

I force my eyes to open, being met with the fancy ceiling of Aro's room. Stuck on the ceiling is a mural of angels dancing around a light blue sky, they have fluffy, white wings sticking out of their backs. It matches the golden hues of his room well. I find myself feeling enticed by this painting, the longer my eyes linger upon it, the more I seem to notice about the glorious piece of art.

The art on my ceiling is different, it holds more dark
tones and does not feature angels floating in the sky, instead it shows two people reaching out for each other, it almost seems as if one of the two people is being dragged away out of the others grasp. It has a solemn feel to it, unlike the one I stare at now. This one feels peaceful.

"Good morning!" A light feminine voice echos through the room. I recognize the voice as Heidi's.

I sit up, the thick duvet still lays across my lap. I see Heidi striding towards me with a tray in her hands. A bowl and a fancy cup balance atop the tray.

Heidi looks around with room in amazement, her eyes glowing under the the chandelier. I can tell that it's morning, but the golden drapes that are pulled across the windows blocks out any sunlight. It'd probably be pitch black in here without the large chandelier.

"Have you ever been in here before?" I ask, my voice sounds groggy and thick due to my deep sleep.

She places the tray down on the fancy nightstand beside the bed and turns to face me, "I have, yes. Though it was over a hundred years ago. It has changed drastically. We are rarely allowed in the masters chambers."

"Are you supposed to be in here now?" I ask with a smirk, I grab the cup off of the tray.

Heidi smiles, "Of course."

I look at her incredulously as I take a sip of the hot tea. She waves her polished hand in front of herself with a scoff, "Oh, please, I would never come in here if I was not given permission. Trust me."

"Uh-uh." I hum and pick up a piece of toast from the tray, "Where's Aro?"

"There was an urgent matter he needed to attend to. You missed him just by half an hour." She answers.

"Everything all right?" I ask, taking a large bite out of the crisp bread.

"Everything is just fine. Someone was just bringing in too much attention is all." Her eyes continue to roam around the room.