THIRTY THREE.

A MELANCHOLY SONG IS HEARD THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE CASTLE, THE SENSITIVE EARS OF THE VAMPIRES PICK UP THE MELODY EASILY

Sienna didn't intend for the song to be somber, she just sat down in front of the gorgeously crafted instrument and began playing — though everyone else can almost feel the emotion.

Sienna sways mindlessly to the melody, her fingers dance across the keys so lithely, with so much fluidity that it looks as if she is one with the piano.

The song slows to its end, and a soft smile graces Siennas lips. Her fingers tingle delightfully and she feels calm for the first time in days.

The tension she can feel in the air nearly completely vanishes with the music she plays, but she can feel it creeping it's way back in as the castle becomes silent once again.

She tries to revel in the serenity, grasp at its warm feel before it completely disappears.

Thankfully, its vanishment is periodically stalled by a sudden high, childlike voice speaking from the doorway. "That was nice."

Sienna doesn't have to turn her head to know it's Jane.  "Thanks." She responds, definitely surprised by Janes genuine compliment.

"Certainly." Jane speaks as she crosses the room and lingers by the right side of the piano. "I heard it all the way in the throne room and wondered who may be playing this ancient thing."

"Ah, I like to play it on occasion." Sienna smiles to herself. "You heard it all the way down there?"

Jane nods. "Oh yes, I think everyone appreciated the music."

"That's nice." Sienna lightly smiles. "So, hows Caius? Is he still doing all of the trials alone?"

Jane nods stiffly, "Yes, he is quite stressed but he certainly is doing a wonderful job."

Sienna feels bad; Caius is doing the work of two other people.

Judge, jury and executioner.

Not to mention he has to rely entirely on his judgments, without Aro to literally know in an instant if the defendant is guilty or innocent.

And Marcus can see how strong the bonds tied to others are, and it can be found very useful in lots of cases, plus he is the the one who normally makes the call when Aro and Caius bicker over their rulings.

Because of Caius doing everything on his own, Sienna has hardly seen him. After he dropped her off at her room the one night, she has seen him twice, and it has been a week since she has last laid her eyes upon him.