TWENTY.

ARO STANDS UP FROM HIS THRONE, HIS HEAD tilted to the side

ARO STANDS UP FROM HIS THRONE, HIS HEAD tilted to the side. "Are you sure, Sienna?"

Sienna nods, "Yeah, I'm sure. It's too hard for me to explain." She knows that if she even attempts to explain, she'll end up sounding insane.

She knows she may regret this decision, but she just feels like letting everything spill out and not have to keep anything else bottled up. There's still a heap of thoughts and personal experiences that she wants to keep held within herself, but if those things must be known to Aro, so be it.

Aro approaches Sienna slowly, cautiously. Her hand still outstretched before her, he notices the little tremors vibrating through her hand and frowns. He doesn't want to force his gift upon her, even after she has implored him to. Making her uncomfortable is the last thing he wants to do.

Caius steps out of Aro's way with great reluctance, Aro gives him a grateful smile in response. "Sienna, you do not have to show me. You can just explain what has happened."

"I know. It's just," she sighs, "it's hard for even me to understand and I doubt I can explain it. So, just go ahead." She wiggles her fingers and tries to calm herself down.

Aro looks down at her hand and sighs, slowly grabbing it. The warmth of her skin immediately encasing his, a surge so calm and welcoming forms in his chest.

Then, he's thrown into a pool of her very first thoughts and memories, her precious childish thoughts slowly becoming more and more corrupted as she grows up learning how to master her gift or how to use a knife.

The once colorfully bright ways she used to see the world becomes dark and decrepit, her mind being molded and shaped into whatever the man she calls 'father' desires.

He witnesses the first time she killed somebody and how she felt nothing. He sees her being berated for the simplest mistakes by her father, ones that wouldn't even make Aro bat an eye.

Half of her thoughts are cold and emotionless until he comes across the newer ones, they start to gradually morph into her own. They start to feel less and less cold up until she arrives in Volterra.

His dead heart swells once he comes across the feelings that she has formed for he and his brothers, knowing that she has finally accepted them fills him with ecstasy.

And finally, the night before approaches. He's already seen everything that happened in the library and Sienna's room through Marcus's touch, so those events are already old to him.

Sienna goes through her nightly routine and falls asleep, where she's thrown into a memory that Aro watches intently, even after have seeing it in her long line of thoughts.