THIRTY NINE.

STIRRING AWAKE TO AN EMPTY BED AND LACK OF SOULMATES ISN'T EXACTLY IDEAL, especially after believing that they were still there up until I opened my eyes

Nonetheless, I begrudgingly force myself out of bed and into the bathroom. When I'm done, breakfast is waiting on my desk. I sit and eat the fresh fruit and french toast slowly, trying to come up with something that I could do today.

Every guard is busy, so I really have nobody to spend these upcoming hours with. Alec and Santiago are definitely busy in court with the kings and Heidi left for a trip a few days ago.

I could continue reading my way through all of the books on my bookshelf, but the thought of reading sounds boring to me right now.

I chew on a strawberry and flip through the endless things I can do, but they all sound unappealing. The only idea that doesn't sound horrible is going outside, but when I turn my head to look out of the window, theres a big dark cloud looming outside, rain falling from it and lightning striking in the distance.

I groan and eat another strawberry. Its so incredibly boring when the kings are gone, and now I can't even go outside.

When I finish my breakfast, I turn to my wardrobe and get dressed and do my hair. I try to take my time and focus on anything other than my impending boredom, but when I'm finally done, only fifteen minutes has passed.

I sigh heavily and toss my body onto my bed, I more than likely messed up my hair but I don't care. I stare at the mural on the ceiling and twiddle my fingers together.

I get to thinking about the kings and the night before and how perfect it was. The sunset, them. I had such a wonderful time yesterday, from most of the morning until the dead of night. And to think it was all pretty much because of an argument I had with Caius, or, maybe I should be thanking the dungeons for them compelling me to go see them.

And now I start thinking of the dungeons, the kind woman guard, the body hanging from the wall, cascading blood onto the stone floor, and Christopher.

Oh, Christopher. The conversation we had plays in my mind and the thing he was about to say before I was dragged away.

I sit up and run my hands through my hair. I'm alone again, much like I was the morning I snuck off to see the dungeons. The kings and their guards are busy, just like they were that day.

What if I went back and asked Christopher what he was going to say?

No. I can't. But a huge part of me is screaming Yes. It feels like an urge I need to get rid of, and the only way to get rid of it is to act on it. But the last time I listened to this urge I got into an argument with Caius. Do I want that again? I don't, but will he catch me this time? I'd be found out after Aro reads my thoughts again, but at least then I'd know what Christopher was going to tell me and I would never have to go down into the dungeons again.