8

I am currently starting at my phone. My dad is calling and I have no idea what to do. They know when something is wrong just by my voice and right now I don't feel like giving any explanation or lying again.

The phone stops ringing and I just stand there looking at the window as the sun goes down. The night is coming and I am really glad that Maya offered to sleep with me tonight.

I don't think I will be able to sleep well. At least not for a while. I try to pull myself together and call my dad back, but all I get is a couple text message.

Dad
Hey sweetie
Something happened and we can't
talk right now
We will call you tomorrow
Go to sleep and have a good night
We love you

Me
Ok dad
Love you too

I really miss them. I feel like things would have been different if they were there. I hope they'll be back soon.

Some time later Maya gets in with an extra blanket and a pillow. She has class tomorrow so we won't stay up till late. But I am fine as long as she's there

We sleep in the same bed like we always use to do. Yes, I am bisexual but she is my best friend. And she is straight as fuck so we are good.

~next day~

I wake up with some loud knoks on my door that kinda scare me. I check my phone for the clock but it doesn't work. I must have forgotten to charge it. Oops. I get up glad that my body is not hurting anymore like yesterday and slowly open the door just to be met with Mayas mom, Sara. Oh shit.

She looks concerned and a bit angry. Without saying anything, she gets inside looking around then beginning to talk.

" Okay, so. You, young lady are in a bit of trouble . Your parents called me concerned because you are not responding at your phone. They got informed about the fact that you skipped class yesterday AND today without informing anyone about anything. Nobody has seen you since two days ago and Maya is refusing to talk to me about you."

" Raven dear, I know you are not like that so that's why I am concerned, not just because your parents asked me to, but also because you are like a second daughter for me. What happened?" She was clearly concerned. She was talking in a way that was reminding me of my mom and Maya at the same time.

"I... I was ...I got sick. I didn't felt really wel so I tought that maybe staying here would help. Oh, and my phone's battery died." I lied again. And I feel bad about it. But I don't know why, it felt necessary.

"And why didn't you tell us? You know how concerned are your parents right now? Me and Sam are too. I want you to go and get ready cuz we're heading to the doctor right now"

oh fuck

I can't go to the doctor. What wil I say? What if they ask me why I don't feel good? Am am screwed. It this point I am very confused with myself. I don't know what I am scared about

Is it about people finding out and making Billie angry? Cuz what if she's really going to hurt someone? Or is it about me being embarrassed about it? I don't know why, but that's how I feel. My brain hurts.

"I don't think the doctor is necessary. I feel better now. And I am not saying it because I lied about me feeling bad, but I am simply better now. I think that tomorrow I'll go back to taking classes"

" okay. If you say, I trust you"thank god "But you still need to get out of your room. And eat something. And get a shower"

I am not happy with her last words, but at least I don't have to go to the doctor. We agreed that I was going to take the lunch with Maya when she was done with "school". I hope everything will be fine.