44

"GIRL I FUCKING MISSED YOU!" Maya is basically yelling as we hug each other in the mall's parking lot.

"I missed you too M. How are you?" I say as I lock my parent's car. I drove here all alone even if Billie insisted on bringing me herself in LA .

Maya and I walk inside the Glendale Galleria mall, ready for a crazy shopping day.

"Okay so, I've been planning on buying some stuff, then eating something, then buying things again" she says excited. We didn't really talk about what we were gonna do today, but I can see she already has plans.

"As long as I'm doing the shit with my best friend, I'll do whatever"

After we went through a couple stores, we got to Victoria's Secret, which had to be on our list, according to Maya.

"Should I buy the black or the red ones?" She asks showing me a pair of thongs.

"I think you should do both." I say as I was looking at some sexy bras.

"Are you buying those for Billie?" She asks me with a smirk on her face.

"No. If I buy anything, I buy it for myself" I say trying to convince myself too.

"Sure. By the way,do you think that what you did to her will work on Miles too? I have a photo shooting in New York next weekend and he didn't seem really excited when I asked him to come with me."

I told Maya what happened between Billie and I and she was proud of the fact that "I'm getting out of my cocoon"

"I don't know, maybe it depends on the person. But you should try"

After we both end up buying some black and also red lingerie, we decided do go and eat something.

We both ordered some burgers then started searching for a place to sit. "Oh look, this one's empty" Maya said, putting her plate on the table.

As we sat down, I noticed a lady sitting at the table next to us, then a guy who sat down with her. It wouldn't have been strange if the lady didn't say " I'm sorry, but I was first at this table"

The guy rudely answered with " I don't care" , which made the lady stand up and go searching for another free table. I kinda felt bad for her

"Tell me about your Gucci contract" I say after I take a sip of orange juice.

"Oh my god, I'm so excited. My manager said that they might be able to announce me tomorrow if I got the job. Just imagine Raven. I'll be modelling for fucking Gucci" she said with excitement in her voice.

I am very proud of her. She's living her dream life and that's always inspiring for me. Hopefully I'll be able to do it too, even though, just being a gang member sounds boring compared to her job.

"I never got to thank Billie for making the council set me free. My parents told me how she came up with this idea, kinda changing the rules, but till this day, I still don't get why she did it"

She still doesn't know about the deal Billie and I did that day. What I told Maya was that I just didn't felt like fighting Billie and that's the reason I forgave her.

I'm starting to believe that I truly fell in love with her, but back then, it was all a deal. A deal that meant throwing my dignity out the window.

"Maybe she just wanted to do something good" I said, trying to make her get over it

"I know but it's still weird. I always questioned myself about that day, and my thoughts were that she might have done it for you mostly." She said getting more and more serious.