47

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Everybody screamed as I was trying to adjust my vision to the daylight. My parents, Billie and her parents were all around my bed looking at my messy morning face.

My dad started singing first and the others joined him with the usual "happy birthday" song. The cake my dad was holding had a candle, and they insisted on me making a wish.

My wish was to be happy as I am right now and for something to open their eyes so I can go out again.

" Thank you everyone!" I screamed as they were leaving my room. It all happened so fast and I knew it was only the beginning.

"So, ready for today?" Billie asked as she finished her cake slice.

"Not sure. Should I be concerned?" I asked because she offered to make the plans for today.

"Get dressed up and get ready for a lot of gifts"

"Do I need to pack anything?" I asked as I was looking for an outfit.

" Don't worry, I already did it for you. Just hurry up"

I ended up wearing a short skirt and a matching top, which made Billie check me out twice.

"My face is up here" I said as we were getting out of the elevator.

" You are gonna give me a hard time today baby."
She said as she took my hand.

We were in the underground parking lot and we got to the place where the dragon was usually parked but her car wasn't there. Instead, there was a matte black lamborghini urus with some neon green details on it.

I've never seen that carbefore in the parking lot and to be honest, I would have noticed it.

"Do you have a new car?" I asked Billie as I pointed to the urus.

"It's not mine. You think it's cool?" She asked as she tapped the car's hood.

"It's sick. Do you know who belongs to?" I asked still staring at the car, not paying attention to the reason Billie extended her hand towards me.

"It's yours" she said shaking the key in her hand. As I lifted my head, I've realised she wasn't joking by the way she was smiling at me and also because by pressing a button on the key, the car unlocked.

"No fucking way!" I screamed as I opened the driver's door. "You are joking. Right?"

"Not at all. This is a gift. Do you like it?"

"If I like it? I could live in it" I was now looking at the fancy interior, trying to figure out how to start the car.

"I think you might need this" Billie said as she got beside me into the passenger seat, giving me the key.

"Right" I put it in her place, then turned on the loud engine. I love this sound.

"I thought bigger car might be safer, plus, it's bulletproof" Billie added.

" Thank you Billie. You really didn't had to spend that much on me."

"You deserve everything."

I drove the car until we got off the bridge, then we decided to switch because I had no idea what our next destination will be.

"Will you tell me what's next?" I asked trying my luck

"Well, there is someone who wants to give you a gift so we'll meet at their house because that's the only place I feel like we'll be safe."

As we drove through the LA streets, I started to recognise the place we were in.

"Are we going to Maya?" I asked excited to see her