17

"Raven is pregnant."

Fuck, fuck, fuuuuck

I can't even look at my parents faces right now. I'm done. My life is over. I can't have a baby at 17. I fucking hate Billie. I know for sure it's hers cuz I've never fucked with anyone in my life besides her.

I stare into space then come back into the real world. I panic and the only thing that goes through my mind is to run.

" I-, I'm sorry... I have to go"

Then I just rush through the door. I hear my parents call my name but I don't look back. I'm too scared.

I know exactly who I need to talk with.

~ time skip ~

The elevator's doors open, revealing the basement's prison. I am in a room where they check you for weapons and shit so you can give a safe visit to the prisoner.

I pass the check and a young lady asks me:
"Who are you here for?"
"Maya Hart"

She lets me in and indicates a chair with a table where I can sit. There are a lot of people talking with each other.

After about two minutes a door opens, Maya coming out with an orange suit and a pair of handcuffs around her wrists.

She has black circles under her eyes and her hair is messy. I can see a little bruise on the left cheek on her pale skin.

She seems really sad and I've never seen her like this before. When she sees me, her face lights a little, a soft smile appearing on her face.

"Hi" she says lowly as she's taking the place in front of me.

"Hi Maya. How are you?"

"I am...not as good as I used to be. What about you?"

"I am not either. How did you..why-"

"I know what you're thinking about. I ended up in this situation because I wanted something more. And no, Miles is not the one to blame."

I am shocked of how understanding she is about him. He was basically the one that got her in here.

"Don't you like it here? In the gang?"

"It's not the gang's problem. The problem is that I don't feel like I belong in here. Look at you and Miles, you both like to fight and do dangerous things. I don't feel like doing those kind of things. And my parents' job is not for me either."

She was being really serious about it and she's right. I've never pictured Maya as the kind of person to fight people.

"When we met with Claudia and she told us about her life as an vlogger and influencer I thought, that's for me. But then I realised I couldn't do it from a gang. So I decided to run. I started to search for a way to run and a place to hide for a period of time. After making 18 I should have been far away but they found my plans in my phone so I ended up in this situation."

"Oh shit. Maya, I'm really sorry. What's going to happen now?"

"They will keep me in here until this weekend. I have to be 18 for them to decide if I'll stay in here for the rest of my life or if...they're going to kill me."

Shivers went down my spine as I heard it coming out of her mouth.

"But...what do you mean by 'they'? Isn't Billie the one who's taking the decisions?"

"Okay so, this is some kinda secret stuff and my mom told me this morning about it." she says as she's leaning closer and whispering

"Billie is not having control entirely over the gang.
Because she's only 18, her parents decided to make some kind of council formed out of 10 people until she'll be 20. They are Drew's, Miles', Billie's, your and my parents."

" If a big decision needs to be made they all need to be a part of it by voting.Billie can't simply kill someone with no reason. If the council finds out and decide that it wasn't worth it, they even have the power to change her if they all agree on it."

"So that means that Billie can't kill you and she can't do anything to me or my family if I tell them the truth?"

"Exactly. Raven, you have to tell your parents what she did to you. She needs to pay."

"Oh, about that...I'm pregnant."

"Bitch whaaat? Omg. I will be an aunt." She basically yells with enthusiasm.

"Maya, you know whose baby it is right? I can't keep it."

"Oh right. Anyway, it would have been weird to have an aunt in prison. If they would let me stay there."

Hearing that made me sad again. I wish I was able to help her go.

"Wait. I've got an idea.Billie is still the gang leader right? So it means she can come up with new rules and shit, right?"

" I mean... I think so. Maybe if the council is ok with them. But why do you ask? Don't you want her to be powerless?"

"Maya. I can't explain it right now, but I promise you I'll try my best to get you out of here. Take care of yourself."

I say goodbye to her and rush to the door. I have to prepare myself for a difficult talk.