33

As I open my eyes I see the black figure pointing the gun at me. I try to jump from my bed but I feel paralysed. I can't even scream, my throat feeling as if someone has their hands on it.

The black shadow puts it's finger on the trigger and a loud scream makes me close my eyes.

I suddenly wake up breathing heavily and sweating. I look around but there's nothing in the darkness of my room. It was another nightmare and I can't stop thinking of how scary it was.

I put my head back on my pillow but I can't even manage to close my eyes. There's no way I can go back to sleep.

The fact that I can't sleep again doesn't affect me as much as the fact that I have to stay awake until the morning alone. In the middle of the night with nobody to talk to. Movies or scrolling on instagram won't make me feel any better in here.

I look at the time on my phone and see it's 03.32. I open my text messages and text the same person that helped me calm down the last time.

Raven
Hey Bil
I know you might be sleeping, but if you don't, I'm curious if you're up to some chatting

For about three minutes i stare at the ceiling in silence, then I hear my phone buzzing.

Billie
I'm up
Are you ok?

Raven
I just had another bad dream and I can't sleep.
Everything around it's kinda scary right now

Billie
Do you want me to come over?

Raven
You don't have to
It's kinda late and I bet you're comfortable in your bed

Billie
I could be more comfortable in yours ;)

I laugh at her silly answer and continue texting.

Raven
Shut up

Billie
So?

Raven
So what?

Billie
I would love to come over but I can't if you don't want me to

Raven
Come
And use the key cuz the door is locked

About five minutes later I hear noise around the door then someone slowly opening and closing it back.

I see Billie's figure in the dark and it brings back some bad memories. But this time, I can figure out a lazy smile on her face and the smell of alcohol and smoke is replaced by her usual vanilla one.

"Hy baby" she whispers as she gets under the covers next to me. We both stay on our sides, facing each other with one hand under our heads.

She smiles as she looks me in the eyes." I'm glad you told me to come.I love spending time with you"

"Me to Bil."

After some silence,she talks again more seriously.
"I know we don't really talk about this, but I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable. I would love to go to sleep with you and to wake up next to you  but I totally understand if you don't. I don't want to push you."

She seems to be really honest about what she's confessing. I can tell by the way she's acting she's trying her best not to make me feel uncomfortable.Even if it's going slow, It's more and more easier to open to her.

I take her hand in mine and gather her attention on me." I've been thinking about us a lot Billie and I realised that...I like you too."

Her face instantly lights up and she holds my hand tighter." For real?"

"For real stupid" I say smiling at the way she reacted over a couple of words.

"Our relationship has been since the beginning more...different, and I don't feel like rushing, but sleeping in the same bed sometimes sounds good to me."

She doesn't say anything else but leans in and attaches her soft lips to mine. She drags my body closer to hers by my waist and keeps her hand there, softly squeezing it, never breaking the kiss.

I put my hand through her teal hair and move it to the back of her head.

We eventually break the kiss and look at each other breathing heavily."I think we should go to sleep." She says as she puts her foot over mines.

I burry my head into her chest, feeling her warm breath on my forehead. I could get used to feeling this protected.