Chspter 42

The rest of the week passed relatively calmly, considering. Gwen was still having nightmares, but she was able to recognize and control them better.

AJ was sitting at the table with food in front of him. He had cut an apple and started eating it, but couldn't finish it. What is going on with me? I can't even finish an apple now? He placed the last few pieces in a container and splashed a bit of lemon juice on the pieces to keep them from browning. He sighed. It's probably just stress. Once we're back in the house next week, then I'll feel better. He went to sit down at his computer to check emails.

Gwen came in the room with Katie. They had been laughing about something and settled down when they saw AJ. Gwen smiled at him, and he returned the smile.

"Hey Baby. You okay?"

"Of course. You're here now." She blushed at his flirting.

"So, as I was saying, Kevin and I will be gone for a few days, so you guys will have the house to yourselves. If you need anything, of course you know how to reach us."

"Kate, don't worry, everything will be fine." Gwen told her friend. "AJ and I have been alone before." She smirked at Katie.

Katie giggled. "I know, but it'll be the first time since the... attack, and I just want to make sure you're comfortable with it."

AJ smiled appreciatively to Katie. "We will be fine, Katie. You two go and have a fun time. We'll be here when you get back."

Katie smiled at them and went back to her room to finish packing. AJ walked over to Gwen and smirked. "So, we have been alone before?"

Gwen giggled. "Oh, you both know what I meant. We've been married and have lived together for two years... I'm sure we could survive a few days alone together." She smiled at him. "How exactly were you taking it, mister?" She raised her eyebrow to him. He just smiled and leaned in and kissed her. She shook her head. "That's what I thought." They laughed and he wrapped his arms around her.

She closed her eyes and sighed. This was one of the most wonderful feelings in the world- being in his arms.

Her stomach growled. "Okay, we'll break it up!" AJ said through giggles. She stepped back and looked at him. She leaned up and kissed him.

They headed to the kitchen to see what they could make for a dinner at home.

After they all ate, Katie and Kevin did one last check to make sure they had everything they needed, then headed to bed. AJ and Gwen cleaned up the dishes and wiped down the kitchen.

"I'm wanting to go for a walk. Do you want to come with me?" Gwen looked at AJ.

"Of course." They got their shoes on and headed out the door. Making their way down the driveway into the cool night air, AJ took Gwen's hand. He brought it to his lips and kissed her hand.

"Thank you for coming with me. I know you would rather I not walk alone."

"It is my pleasure, milady." He smiled at her.

They walked hand in hand in a comfortable silence for a bit. AJ broke the silence. "So, when's your next appointment with Piper?"

"A week from Tuesday. She's out of town next week. She said she was visiting her family."

"That'll be nice for her. Oh, speaking of family, my mom was wanting to schedule time for her and dad to come out once we're back in our house."

"Oh, of course. She knows they're welcome anytime." Gwen had a great relationship with her in-laws. She had always heard horror stories about horrible in-laws, but her in-laws had always treated her like one of the family. They had accepted her right away and claimed her as one of their own. She was so happy and so lucky to have wonderful in-laws and wonderful parents. Gwen frowned. "Do they know?"

"About the kidnappings and nightmares? Yes, and Mom said she actually might have some remedies for you. It's probably just tea or something, but feel free to humor her."

Gwen smiled. "She's trying to help in her own way. Honestly, at this point, I'm willing to try anything for me not to have nightmares."

"I know Honey." He kissed her hand. "But their visit is something we have to look forward to nonetheless."

They walked a bit further in silence. Gwen stopped AJ and turned towards him. She leaned in and kissed him passionately. When they broke apart, AJ smiled at her. "Are you sure you're okay?" She nodded.

"I just wanted to show you how much I love you." She turned back around and they continued walking. Rounding the corner, they came upon Kevin and Katie's house. They went up the driveway and back inside.