Chapter 47

"Ugh! That is disgusting!" AJ pulled a face.

Gwen was trying not to laugh with the faces he was making. "I know, Baby. But just know we're trying to make sure you're taken care of."

"I know, but ugh!" AJ still had a disgusted look on his face from the drink.

Gwen sat beside him and grabbed his hand. "Hey. I just want to make sure you're okay. I was terrified when I walked in and saw you on the floor. It was literally one of my nightmares come to life." She paused and took a deep breath. "I just— I don't want anything happening to you. I love you." She leaned in and kissed him.

"I love you. I'm sorry to scare you."

"No, Baby, you don't need to apologize. We are getting answers, so we can help you. Maybe it's just all stress, and things will go back to normal soon. If there's something else, then we'll get through it the way we were meant to- together." She put her forehead on his.

He sighed. "Together." He kissed her. "Well, we have some time, what do you want to do?"

"I do have some cards with me. Did you want to play a game?"

"Sure." They played a few rounds when the nurse checked in on them. Since they were doing okay, she let them be and they played a few more rounds.

When the nurse came back in, the hour was up and she drew blood again from AJ. He was released and advised they would call with the results within 48 hours.

Getting back to Katie and Kevin's house, they made something to eat. AJ still not being very hungry didn't eat much. He sat down at his computer to do more work for a bit, trying to keep his mind from wandering and worrying. Gwen stayed inside, reading on the couch, keeping within helping distance, but far enough to give him his own space. She knows he wants to work through the things running through his mind on his own, but she also wants him to know she's right there if he needs her.

She would glance over at him, watching for any signs from him that he was going to pass out again. After finishing his project he'd been working on, he joined her on the couch. He leaned down in front of her and kissed her, then sat beside her. He opened his arms to her, so she could cuddle with him for a bit. He knew she could not resist being wrapped up in his arms. She leaned into him and sighed, turning so she was facing him. She put her hand on his chest, feeling his heart beating. She looked up at him to find him looking down at her. He smiled and leaned down and kissed her again.

"I did want to apologize again for scaring you. I never want you to be scared because of me."

"Baby, all that matters now is you are here, and we are getting answers. I know you didn't mean to scare me, and I don't hold it against you. At all." She stroked the side of his face. "No apologies necessary, Baby. Okay?"

"Okay."

She leaned up and kissed him. She brought her hand back down to his chest and then rested her head on his chest. She was content laying here with him. He was here. It was more than she could ever ask for.

After a short period of silence, AJ's phone rang. He looked at the caller id, but he didn't recognize the number. He figured he'd better answer it since it could be the clinic calling. He answered, listened momentarily, then hung up. "Scam call." They relaxed on the couch again. Gwen ends up falling asleep while they are on the couch.