Chapter 59

The day finally came. Gwen and AJ were going home. The paint had been applied to the specified rooms and dried, and they had packed up their things from Kevin and Katie's house. It wasn't much, but they didn't realize how much they had accumulated over their stay.

"Thank you so much for letting us stay with y'all. We appreciate it so much!" Gwen gave Katie a hug.

"Oh, it was our pleasure. We know you would do anything for us." Katie said.

"Yes, of course." Gwen smiled at Katie.

"Thanks, man. We appreciate what all you guys did for us." AJ shook Kevin's hand.

"Hey, whatever you guys need, you know we're here for you."

AJ and Gwen got in their car and headed back to their house. Pulling in the driveway, Gwen took a deep breath. AJ took her hand.

"Hey." She looked at him. "It's all going to be fine. I'm right here with you, you're here with me." He kissed her hand. "I love you."

"I love you." She sighed and unbuckled her seatbelt. AJ unbuckled as well, and they both headed inside.

Walking over the threshold, Gwen closed her eyes and took a couple steps in then stopped. She felt her heart starting to race, but she knew they were not around. They would never be around again. She took a deep breath. Looking around, it was the same, but just enough different so she didn't need to picture everything happening again. She continued into the house. She walked into the kitchen and looked at the new color. She did like the accent wall. She turned to the living room and saw the new paint job for it. It would take some getting used to the new colors, but she was liking them more and more.

She went back out to the car and grabbed some things out and carried them upstairs to their bedroom. They had it repainted fully in here to a mint green. She set the bags down and looked around. She enjoyed the new color. It was light and happy. AJ came in with more bags. She went back down and out to the car to get more bags. Her second trip she stopped and looked in the den. They had the whole den pained over with lilac. It was her workspace and she was enamored with that color. She continued on upstairs to their room and dropped those bags off. She heard AJ coming up the stairs now. He set the bags down and looked at her. He smiled and walked over to her and gave her a hug.

"Hi Baby." Gwen smiled at him.

"Hi beautiful." He kissed her.

"We probably should get something to eat. Do you want me to run to the store and get ingredients to make something, or just do take out?"

"Let's do take out, and we can start a grocery list of everything we'll need."

"Okay. Where do you want?"

"Burgers sound good to me. That alright with you?" Gwen nods. "Okay. I'll run and get them. Did you want to come with me?"

"Sure. Let me get my things ready."

They left and come back a little later with food. After eating, they finish unpacking by the evening.