Chapter 60

The day had come for Gwen to finally get her cast off. She went to the hospital and they were able to get it removed rather easily. They had been impressed with how well her arm healed over the past weeks. They had been worried she might need surgery at one point, but because of how it healed, it was not needed.

After that appointment, they went home. Gwen was doing better entering the home without hesitation now. She was still having nightmares, but they were only happening once a night or every other night. Sometimes it was about the Grandparents, sometimes it was about AJ, but she learned a lot of the cues to know if it was a dream or not. AJ had been doing well with his sugar. He had gotten into a routine of a small snack before bedtime and keeping crackers on his nightstand.

Gwen walked into the den to work on a sewing project she was in the middle of. She was about half-way through, and thought she could make some progress on it. She sat down and started pinning some of the material together. She put in some music and put headphones in. Humming along and singing softly to herself, she was in her own little world.

"Honey, did you want to—" AJ came in and saw Gwen bobbing her head to her music. He knew she wouldn't be able to hear him. He debated startling her, but with how things had been, he decided against it. He walked up behind her and laid his hand on her shoulder. She still did jump. She paused her music and removed her headphones.

"Baby! Shudge, you scared me. Everything okay?"

"Yeah, I came in here to see if you wanted to go with me to the store. I have a couple things I need to pick up."

"Yeah, let me get to a stopping point and I'll come with." She motioned to the sewing she had in her hands. "I probably should get more thread anyway."

Walking hand in hand, they roamed around the store picking up what each of them needed. After they checked out, they decided to go out to eat.

Sitting at the table, AJ reached across and took Gwen's hand. "I'm still amazed at how strong and wonderful you are, and how far you've come in a short time. Thank you for opening up to me more. You are amazing. I love you so much."

"Aww, Baby." Gwen blushed. "Thank you. You have been so wonderful throughout this entire ordeal, and I know I would not have made it through without you by my side. You are my rock, my shield, my comfort, you are so incredible for all you've done for me. I love you."

He takes her hand to his lips and kisses it. "We do make an awesome team, don't we?" He smiled at her. She could melt into that smile. So boyish and handsome.

"That we do." She smiled back. He loved seeing her smile and making her smile.

Their food came. They ate and went back home. Gwen decided to curl up on the couch and read a bit, and AJ laid with his head in her lap. He eventually fell asleep to her stroking his hair and humming. Her voice was so soothing.

Waking up, he found himself alone on the couch. He heard noises in the den, and went to see what it was about.

Jessica, Gwen's sister, had come for a visit since they were finally back in their house.

"Hey Baby. Sorry, I didn't wan to wake you, so we came to the den as not to disturb you. How'd you sleep?"

"Alright. Hi Jess. How are you doing?"

"Morning sickness is the worst, but I'm doing okay. Glad to see y'all back in the house. I love the colors you changed it up to. Very complimentary."

"Thanks. We liked them too."

"Anyway, I'd better get going."Jess stood up, and Gwen did likewise. "Just let me know, Gwen! See you Friday for lunch!" The group headed to the door.

"Will do! Bye, Jess! See you Friday!"

Jessica left, and AJ gave a quizzical look to Gwen. "So, what are you letting her know?"

Gwen took AJ's hand and lead him to the sofa in the den. "Well, Jess asked something of us. I told her I'd talk it over with you first."

AJ furrowed his brow more. "Okay?"

"She asked if we'd be the baby's godparents."

AJ's face lit up in a beaming smile. "That's wonderful! Of course we'll say yes."

"I thought that's what you'd say, but I wanted to ask you first." Gwen had a matching smile on her face as well. "Jess is going to be thrilled!"

AJ always enjoyed seeing that smile on his love's face. The one where in that moment, nothing was wrong, she was just happy.

"I love you." He said, leaning in to kiss her.

"I love you." She snuggled into him, enjoying being held by him. She was so content in his arms. They both relaxed enough to fall asleep in their house, where good and bad memories were, but other memories were yet to be made.

A Familiar PrisonOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara