Deception or Honesty?

I rolled over the next morning to find myself still in the treehouse. Roberto was nowhere to be found. I guess he's that type of person. I wouldn't have agreed to sleep with him, if he was going to leave me. I do know that the minute Melinda finds out I'm doing something she made me promise not to do, she might send me back home. It's not something I would want to happen. Especially with Roberto being so reasonable and nice right now.

"Ah, you're here?" Roberto shut the door to the room I'd been eyeing since he showed me around. "I was just about to call you."

"Oh, really?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Yeah. You know I can't be without you for too long. Did Melinda decide to give you a day off?"

"Yeah. How'd you know?"

"Boyfriend intuition?" Roberto laughed and locked the door. "Since we have some free time, what do you want to do?"

"Mmm..." I tried not to look like I was suspicious or anything. I couldn't have him running off, because he thinks I can't trust him. "I don't know. Anything you wanna do."

"Anything?"

He answered awfully quickly. I hope he's not planning anything outrageous. I still have to be back for dinner.

"Ah, well, I have something I want to do, but it'll have to wait until after dinner."

"What is it?"

"It's a surprise. How about we just...talk?"

Hmm...

I leaned over the side of the bed to see my clothes missing. Is he really going to do this to me right now? I have school in less than three hours. If I have to run back to the house, then so be it. I can't let Melinda know I'm not being innocent. I don't think I've ever been innocent. My entire life, I've been sneaking around doing things I shouldn't have been doing.

Ugh. I debated on what I should do. Melinda and Renée shouldn't be up around this time. They usually wake up an hour before I have to leave. I'm usually dressed and waiting for Sarah to fix me breakfast. For some reason, she always comes in earlier than she's supposed to. I'd have to avoid her, if I have to make a run for it.

"Morning, beautiful," Roberto greeted me. I sat up and looked at him. "Did you think I left you?"

"Yes." I shrugged. "Where'd you go?"

"I got you a change of clothes and Sarah cooked us some breakfast."

"What about...my cousins?"

"They weren't up yet. I assume Melinda is driving you to school, so I suggest you shower and come eat breakfast."

"What if she asks where I was?"

Roberto rolled his eyes, but there was a small smile on his face. I was just being cautious. I couldn't have Melinda catching me off guard. There was no way I could tell her I was sleeping with Roberto. She'd kill me, then Renée would kill me. I would assume they'd tell her parents and they'd kill me. Dr. Alexy would surely have a strong urge to kill me, too. Can't have everyone hating me.

"Just shower, before you give her a reason to question you." He came over to me. "Shower...or I'll give you a reason to stay here with me."

"What if I want that to happen?" I challenged.

"...Ah, you're not ready for that. Although, I'm very glad I'm your first."

Ha! Who says he's my first? I'm not going to say anything about that. Of course, it's not entirely true, but there's a lot Roberto never needs to know about me. Starting with my sex life.