Zoo

This was requested by @c4reb34r. This is a bit of a weird one so I'm not sure how it'll turn out. I haven't watched or paid attention to this franchise for a few months, so I'm sorry if this isn't great.

Since we have a few days off, Bombay and Miss McKay are taking the team to the zoo. It was actually Dwayne's idea. I guess he was missing home and just wanted to see the animals. Everyone seemed to agree so that became the plan.

Somehow, I managed to match my outfit with like half the team. None of us talked about what we'd be wearing. We rush to the team bus because the adults are paranoid about traffic. I take a seat next to Julie. The bus is roaring as we chatter in excitement.

When we finally arrive, we all clamour out of the bus. We stand in one big group as Bombay goes to pay. As we walk through the entrance, Miss McKay shouts a reminder.

"Stick together! If you do split off from the group, make sure someone else is with you!"

With some of us calmly walking through the crowds, others immediately run away - myself included. First things first: the monkeys. I drag Dean over to the glass and join Fulton, Charlie and Averman.

Seeing how they swing around and throw stuff at each other reminds me of the team - especially the bash brothers on any given day. The monkey in the corner that's stuffing it's cheeks with all the food it can find reminds me of Goldberg. I don't what's come over me, but I start randomly barking at them. I get some weird looks as Charlie speaks up.

"What the hell is wrong with you?"

"It's not even the right animal, idiot." Averman adds.

I just bark at him and run to the next enclosure. The only people who follow me are Dean and Fulton. Still high on whatever this caffeine rush is, I continue barking at each animal I see at each enclosure. For whatever reason, Dean joins in - though his seem more aggressive. Fulton couldn't be more embarrassed as he trails behind us. The only reason he doesn't leave it out of fear that he won't find the others. I've lost count of how many different kinds of animals we've barked at as the consequences get closer.

"Y/N, Portman, what are you doing? Stop it. Stop-stop barking. What's wrong with you? Stop - you're embarrassing the entire team. I'll bench you both for 2 games if you don't stop." Bombay berates us as he approaches us with the others who were apparently looking for us .

"What are you- please stop." Miss McKay pleads. Feeling bad for upsetting her and only her, we stop. However, it's too late.

"Hi, folks. I'm going to have to ask you all to vacate the premises." A member of staff comes to escort us away.

Dean and I share guilt-ridden glances as we get kicked out of the zoo. They're all gonna hate us for this. We drag our feet as we slowly lead everyone back to the bus. Filled with embarrassment and anger, Bombay vows to keep us benched forever. Miss McKay calms him and he makes it 3 games purely because of how much they need us. Portman and I sit beside each other as Fulton sits across the aisle with Connie and rethinks our friendship.

"Those in favour of never taking Y/N and Portman to the zoo again say 'I'." Charlie calls out from his seat.

"I!" Everyone agrees and raises their hands in unison - including the adults and guilty duo.