Zamboni

Who doesn't love a zamboni? From being a little kid until the day you die, everyone dreams of going on a zamboni ride. Everyone loves the zambonis! As hockey players, we see them a lot more than the people in the stands. However, that doesn't mean that we get free zamboni rides whenever we want - despite our pleading. But there was this one guy took pity of a few of us and let us jump on with him.

Not long after meeting the new guys, Fulton, Jesse, Guy and I had an incident. We may have accidentally driven through the boards, shattering the glass in our way. Bombay wasn't impressed. You may think that'd be enough to make us steer clear of them from the on out. If you assume that, you're sorely mistaken. If anything, it gave us an adrenaline rush that we've been craving ever since.

Time to put the plan into action. Knowing Bombay would crucify us, we have to sneak around. Jesse came up with the idea of us stealthily stealing the keys and sneaking into the rink at night when people are sleeping. Since it was his idea, Jesse was in charge of securing the necessities. With everything in place and the sound of a snoring cowboy on the other side of the wall, it's time to rally the troops.

"Guy, you coming?" Fulton asks him as he passes through the kitchen of the dorms.

"Seriously? Don't you remember what happened last time?" He tries to lecture us.

"Of course we do." I answer for Fulton.

"Yeah, why do you think we're sneaking around late at night?" Jesse adds as he dangles the keys in front of the level-headed boy.

"If you idiots wanna get benched, go right ahead." Guy rolls his eyes before turning away and opening the fridge to find a drink.

"So, you're not coming?" I ask with a tone of disappointment.

"No way!" Guy declines as Portman swoops in and steals a can of whipped cream, spraying it straight into his mouth.

"Fine. Portman, you wanna come?" Fulton asks his new best friend.

"Hell yeah, I'm down." He agrees with a disgusting display as his mouth is still filled to the brim with cream.

"Alright, let's go before Mother Theresa over here tries to stop us." Jesse takes charge of the group.

Ignoring Guy's judging glare, we grab our jackets and follow Jesse out the door. Luckily, we don't have too far to walk. The Bash Brothers keep a look out as I hold up a flashlight to help Jesse see to unlock the doors. The click of the door signals success.

"Jesse, you're the man!" I praise him - filled with excitement as I high-five him.

We all push past him and rush through the halls. By now, we know where everything is, so we sprint straight to the zambonis. Well, Fulton goes through the zamboni tunnel to open up for us to get on the ice. Since Jesse and I were part of the destruction last time and know what we're doing, we climb onto separate zambonis - Dean going with Jesse - and start the engines.

"Ladies first." Jesse attempts to be chivalrous.

"Go on then." I chirp and laugh.

"I'll get you!" He's not even surprised at this point in our friendship.

"Just go before I die of boredom." I flail my arms dramatically, causing him to shake he head and drive down to the ice.

Fulton quickly vacates the entrance clearly fearing for his life. As previously discussed, Jesse parks on the left of the goal whilst I take the right side of the goal-line. Since Jesse and Dean are already occupying all the space on a single zamboni, Fulton becomes my backseat driver. Our challenge is to race up the rink beside the boards, turn when we reach the other goal-line and come back. First back wins. Simple really.

With the Bash Brothers acting as our wingmen, the provide us with a simultaneous countdown. As Jesse and I fly down the ice as fast the zambonis will let us, the trash talk is prominent between all of us. Although Jesse is the first to turn around, I pull ahead and cling onto victory - almost falling off and taking Fulton with me as we celebrate.

We swap out drivers and teammates so that we get the chance to race against everyone present. Despite all of us winning at least one race, Jesse claims the title of best zamboni racer, collecting just one more win than me. The Bash Brothers take control of one zamboni as Jesse and I take the other. This time we don't follow as set path. Instead we drive like we see fit. Like maniacs. It's all fun and games until Dean loses his grip. This causes them to spin out of control and crash into us. We all groan at the sudden jolt.

"You guys okay?" Fulton is first to check on us.

"Yeah." I answer after sharing a glance with Jesse. "Are you?"

"Yeah, we're good."

All of us climbing down from the collision and reunite side by side as we stare at the wreckage of the now broken zambonis. The fun is over. We are gonna be in deep shit. What are we supposed to do? As if the crash summoned him, we're met with our furious coach berating us.

"What is wrong with you? Do you know how bad this makes me look? Do you know how much I have to to pay to replace those?" He screams as he approaches us.

"How'd you know we were here?" I ask sheepishly as I try to save face.

"Guy called me! He said you stole my keys and were planning on breaking in to mess with the zambonis!" We hang our heads in shame. "I know he didn't want to snitch on his friends, but he was concerned that something would turn disastrous! Boy was he right! You're in big trouble!"

"Don't punish them. This is my fault - it was my idea." I take the blame.

"What? Y/N, no. Don't take the fall for me." Jesse owns up to it. "It was my idea, coach. I took the keys.

"We all wanted to have a competition on them. We're all to blame." Fulton says it as it is.

"I'm benching the lot of you! Consider yourselves lucky that I don't put you on a plane and send you home! Get back to the dorms and go to bed now!" He yells before we all leave, dragging our feet.

We may be facing the consequences of our actions, but I don't think any of us truly regret it. It was fun while it lasted.